Bait cloud

Livetohuntandfish

Established Member
Sitting here in the house fishing as I type. I got a box of these bait cloud balls for Christmas and decided why not throw one in. The northerns came in like crazy and I have tangled lines but maybe these things actually do work. Wrong target fish but hey it seemed to bring in fish. What's everyone else's experience with these?

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was wondering about these. Are they attached to a string or line or something? I thought it was illegal to just drop something down to attract if you can't get it back? Seem like they work though.

Livetohuntandfish

Established Member
My wife says they are like a bath bomb. Whatever those are.... they just bubble and dissolve in the water. I don't think if I didn't get them as a gift I'd spend any money on them but so far they are entertaining for slough shark fishing

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been tempted to try these many times but just never brought myself to buy them. Do they cloud up the water at all, might be a good deal for spearfishing? Don't know the legality of it but also thought of getting a couple for the trip to Winnipeg, if they are legal up there.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Confidence is Zen. I think this would be beneficial with light current from the bank for catfish or to get established baitfish active. I don't believe there would be any draw to barren locations especially without current.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It could be modified. I don't believe cats are concerned about the picture/wording on the package. In SC I once outfished crawlers with SunChip doughballs. It is a fine snack and bait.

th

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71