Bear Attack Thwarted by Fist Down the Throat

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm. Didn't I hear about this recently?

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-05-17-41-57

GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) -- A Montana bow hunter is recovering after he survived a grizzly bear mauling by remembering a tip from his grandmother and shoving his arm down the animal's throat.
Chase Dellwo, 26, was hunting with his brother northwest of the town of Choteau on Saturday when he came face-to-face with a 350- to 400-pound male grizzly, the Great Falls Tribune reported (http://gftrib.com/1WGK9mk ).
Dellwo was walking up a creek bed, hoping to drive a herd of elk to a ridge where his brother was waiting.
He was only 3 feet from the bear when he noticed it. He said the grizzly had been sleeping and didn't see him coming, possibly because of the snow, rain and 30 to 40 mph winds.
Dellwo said he only had time to take a few steps back before the bear knocked him off his feet and bit his head.
"He let go, but he was still on top of me roaring the loudest roar I have ever heard," Dellwo said.
The bear then bit Dellwo's leg and shook him, tossing him in the air. As the bear came at the man again, Dellwo recalled a story he read in a magazine.
"I remembered an article that my grandmother gave me a long time ago that said large animals have bad gag reflexes," he said. "So I shoved my right arm down his throat."
The advice worked, and the bear left.
Dellwo rejoined his brother, who drove him to a hospital. Dellwo received stitches and staples in his head, some on his face, a swollen eye and deep puncture wounds on his leg.
"I want everyone to know that it wasn't the bear's fault. He was as scared as I was," Dellwo said.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
and by Dellwo, they really mean Chuck Norris. Talk about "Man of the year award"!!

Wasn't this exact subject on the threads a few weeks back? Something about shoving your hand down the bears throat in case of attack?

Either way, my hats off to this guy. ;:;bowdown

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's impressive that he thought of that in such a situation. I would have filled my pants first.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me I would have grabbed a handful of sh*t because there would have been a lot around and then cramed my fist down he's throat.:eek:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I woulda shoved my hand so far down its throat that I could grab its tail...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is why the bear kingdom is rarely seen in the 69 position

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is why the bear kingdom is rarely seen in the 69 position

You+accidentally+the+title+_1775a31e2f6ac2ce532f187a33509f06.jpg
that's greasy right there

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
"The bear was just a scared as I was" Holy hell I don't think I could have made that claim. Hate to think of the hazmat team it would take to clean up myself after I filled my drawers from boot bottom to belt loop.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 213
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66