Best Ground Blind for Wind?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well - both my blinds were still there however my new one didn’t hold up very well. Couple seams pulled apart.

oh well. I will fix that tomorrow I guess.

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had a baronett big mike for 4 years and its been through some of the worst weather nd has to offer. Its still here. I use those screw down yard anchors for dog tie out chains.

I also have a double bull its a heavier blind but Id rather hunt out of the big mike. More room and higher shooting windows.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish my Barronett held up that well. This is the first season of use and I had to bring it home to fix it tonight

2 rods came out of the hubs which shouldn’t be that hard to fix but it looked like 2 seams let loose. That will take a bit more time to fix.

i too use the screw in anchors with ratchet straps. I’m not if the cows had a hand in it or if it was just the wind. I know there were some pretty nasty winds out there recently. The ground is really soft there and one of the anchors pulled out of the ground.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
does anybody here have any experience with the redneck bale blinds? Looking to get one for next season and wondering how they hold up and if they hold some heat for late season hunts.

I want a bale blind for one of the spots i hunt but haven't seen many in person to aid in making up my mind. Also thought about the sportsman's condo bale blind as a hard sided option that may also be able to use as a ice house

sportsman's condo
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/sportsmans-condo-hunting-bale-blind?a=1333089

Redneck bale
https://redneckblinds.com/collections/bale-blinds/products/outfitter-hd-hay-bale-blind

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
that condo is neat - but HEAVY compared to the softside

not easy to move unless you have equipment or four guys

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a guy on bisman that builds really nice bale blinds allot cheaper than the redneck ones.

Uncle Rico

does anybody here have any experience with the redneck bale blinds? Looking to get one for next season and wondering how they hold up and if they hold some heat for late season hunts.

I want a bale blind for one of the spots i hunt but haven't seen many in person to aid in making up my mind. Also thought about the sportsman's condo bale blind as a hard sided option that may also be able to use as a ice house

sportsman's condo
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/sportsmans-condo-hunting-bale-blind?a=1333089

Redneck bale
https://redneckblinds.com/collections/bale-blinds/products/outfitter-hd-hay-bale-blind

We have a couple Redneck bale blinds. They are the 2017 Sportsman HD model. They are great for certain applications, unfortunately the fact that I am 6'5" makes bowhunting out of them a little tight for me, or at least I feel like it is. Would be awesome for gun hunting or crossbow hunting I would think. Truthfully ours don't get used real often as we seem to have better spots, but on a crappy day they work great. Have not used a heater but I'm sure it would work well.

supermag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven’t looked at them in the last few years, but based on what I’ve used I’d recommend double bull. They are made of better material that is tight and doesn’t flap around in the wind like cheaper blinds I’ve used. Definitely will help cut the wind and keep you protected.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like my shadow hunters, I just put my newest one on an old snowmobile trailer and that's were it will stay. Aluminum sided and roof, insulated with wood siding inside and carpeted rodent proof floor. Very comfy and warm.
if-youre-feeling-old-these-memes-wont-help-your-back-pain-xx-photos-25.jpg

The shadow hunter above you can buy at runnings. When on sale they are about 1/2 the price of a muddy or redneck

You hunt with the windows open all the time in those shadow hunter blinds? I think I looked at them before and that was one thing I didn't like about them. But a guy could come out with something else for the 1400 price difference between muddy redneck or the likes.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the shadow hunters have both vertical shades and clear windows that slide or swing away

I made camo screen inserts so you can move about freely without being seen

it’s about as flexible a system as I could imagine

what didnt you like about them?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
the shadow hunters have both vertical shades and clear windows that slide or swing away

I made camo screen inserts so you can move about freely without being seen

it’s about as flexible a system as I could imagine

what didnt you like about them?

Hmmm... Maybe the display model I looked at wasn't completely put together or I don't know how to figure out windows. But it was just a black plasitic that slide up and down there was no clear glass window, so you needed to have the windows open all the time to see out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33