Bismarck - Best Tiger Meat?

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
A rare trip to Bismarck is coming up for me. When I get away I like to eat some good food, generally stuff I can't or don't make my self.

Tiger Meat - I've only ever had it once from Kessler's in Aberdeen. I been looking into Bismarck/Mandan and it looks like I can get it at Butcher Block, 3Be and DW. Which stuff is the best, or do I need to buy all 3? How do you normally eat it? saltines and beer?

Any good places for raw oysters/seafood?

Best sushi place?

Thanks

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve had great tiger meat from butcher block and I’ve had some that was a little too ammonia-y. Never tried West Dakota or 3Be’s but both have their fans so I’d say try em out. Beer and saltines are a necessity.

East 40 has good seafood and as far as I know the only place you can get raw oysters in town (besides the seafood truck). Oahu is our favorite for sushi, Kobe’s in 2nd place.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oahu Hawaiian for sushi some of Kobe's too, tiger meat Butcher block, 3BE, West Dakota and DW they sell small amounts buy all four with a kracker is good Dude. Liver pate good also on club kracker Dude.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't had tiger meat in quite a few years, last came from Lamoure Lockers. My cracker of choice is a Ritz

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Stopping at Butcher Block when I have to go to Bismarck is a must to get a Fat Boy sandwich and some tiger meat.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a side note, some of the best tiger-meat in the state can be purchased at Tellmann's Market in New Salem & Double R Meats in Carson!

Club Cracker loaded with Tiger Meat, paired with a sip of whiskey!

And for Sushi, Kobes gets my vote!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sushi lovers:

I had genuine wasabi root paste twice in my life. If you ever get the chance pay the extra coin needed and try it. It's absolutely out of this world.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tiger Meat with a thin slice of onion some salt and pepper on a Saltine Cracker, eat a lot of it with Dad when we were kids

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
mustard - the forgotten condiment

I’ve actually experienced blank stares from fast food restaurant employees when I asked for it

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm amazed nobody has chimed in yet with a seasoning recipe to make your own T meat. Should be no different than homemade country style or slim jim by that I mean the butcher shops must have some recipe they follow. It can't just magically become edible just because a butcher shop mixed the seasoning in.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've only ever had home made. I will see if I can dig up a recipe. Again... assuming we are talking bout the same thing, I am surprised it can be sold retail.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84