best ice traction units for over your boots

LITREOFCOLA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been eyeing Neos Adventurer insulated overshoes with stabilicer cleats. I know a guy that has some that he got for outdoor winter work and he claims they are super warm. They are overshoes, so you can wear over sneakers for hikers, would be nice to slip them on when you get on the ice, then off again before you get back in the truck.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Expensive but guaranteed warm feet:

https://www.overshoesneos.com/

th

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've have had decent luck with the typical rubber slip-ons.

But are there any that are way superior? That never ever slip off, have HEEL traction (I've lost it on heels a number of times carrying auger), etc? Always fun to go looking for the one that slipped off in deep snow.

Seems like even at $50-$60 bucks (if any are even that expensive) it's really cheap insurance against a broken wrist, tailbone, elbow, or wrenched back. (sorry dirty)

I'm tempted by the boots with screws/spike - but would hate walking into gas stations, restaurants, etc. with golf spikes on. (I am not a sconi)

Is $10 really that big of a deal?

I went full feet up in the air last year when I was out with my son. I think I laid on the ice for 10 min wondering how we were going to get home. I may need to order a pair of these. I'll set my limit at $65.

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
17.jpg
I have this model. Goes right over my 1000 gram Danners and my feet stay nicely warm and dry while the studs give me all the traction I need. Just saw the following. Look intriguing with the additional upper. I have never gotten water over the top of mine however.
49.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
s-l1600.jpg

Any of you old timers use these Ice creepers, seem to be well made from the pictures. I can not seem to find much information on these type of ice cleats.

- - - Updated - - -

51WN8ACautL.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought some ice cleats last winter, what ever you do don't where them when you are driving because then you lose the rubber cover on your break pedal. Also the straps don't like to be cut with the auger blades
20161118_105336[1].jpg

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a pair of really good snow boots with large grips and I just screwed short sheet metal screws into the lugs 10 or 12 into each boot. Just sounds funny when you walk into cenex to by bait but you can tap dance with little movement. Works for me and cheep.:;:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Should have read page 2. Someone said this already.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5