Best pistol sights?

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got several pistols that I would like to change the sights on. My main interest would be a type of holographic/red dot type. Not trying to break the bank but just something to tinker with. I have a Fast Fire 3 that came additional with a Burris scope I bought. Is that worth mounting on a pistol? It seems sort of tedious to look thru. Any input would be great; especially for my 1911 in 22tcm!!!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've got a Crimson Trace laser sight on my M&P Shield. So far I really like it. I was having some issues because of bifocals and poor eyesight.

Fish On!

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a Crimson Trace laser sight on my M&P Shield. So far I really like it. I was having some issues because of bifocals and poor eyesight.

Fish On!

which 22tcm do you have?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have shot the fastfire3 on a 9mm Springfield xdm competition, and a Ruger Mark4. I also shoot it on an AR
Accuracy is very good, but the dot isn't always there quick as I like. I have also shot it on a 300WSM mounted far forward and shooting with both eyes open.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The single stack version? does it have the slide milled for a red dot

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Frac,
I went to the range with my son last summer and rented a few pistols. I really liked the M&P Shield 9MM. I got the laser sight because of some of my eyesight issues and I love it. The laser sight is a trigger guard sight activated on the grip. Its a single stack and doesn't have a slide for a red dot. It's my very first pistol so I'm a rookie. But I fell in love with pistols and shooting them and can't believe it took me this long to get one.

Fish On!

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a thing for pistol too. I see you are from NW nd maybe we can go shooting some time

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my glock with an RMR from trijicon

Attachments

9FD257B6-0B05-4D3F-8A3A-3026575731EA.jpg

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The single stack version? does it have the slide milled for a red dot

Here is what I have. It does not have the cutouts on the slide. I believe I would have to knock out the rear sight to install the FF3.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the same model. What a fireball? To do it right you should get it milled so the site sits lower on the slide for more of a natural site picture

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Without a doubt my new favorite gun. Do you reload for it? If so, do you cut down the .223 case?
I have the same model. What a fireball? To do it right you should get it milled so the site sits lower on the slide for more of a natural site picture

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Without a doubt my new favorite gun. Do you reload for it? If so, do you cut down the .223 case?

I do not reload the 22tcm I have read that Armscorp will reload your spent cases for a discount. During the oil boom I bought enough 22tcm to last me.

Predel

I've used the Big dot on a J-frame for several years, their ghost rings on a couple of carbines (non AR) finally had a set of Trijicons fade out on a Glock 26, and replaced them with Big Dot set (my 50+ eyes like them) they are a little dimmer then some new trijicons, but it appears that T makes the glass vials my XS sights were marked with their logo..

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28