Big Muddy Tournament

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
please send some fish down south i would even take a whole herd of 14" inchers just to be able to catch some fish to eat

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could not agree more. Sunday's Tribune, had a front page picture of the monster fish and winner's. I may have missed it, but I couldn't find any write up on the tourney, no list of winners, nothing. Pretty sad when you give the front page a picture, but couldn't put 100 words about the event.

Try getting the results from the tournament and the payouts from the tourney director... they wont give it out. I know, because I tried a few years back. We got our entry fee back for finishing in top 10 out of 100+ teams. They might pay $12,000 for 1st place, but they don't pay out much after that.

My guess is, the Big Muddy doesn't want the publicity...

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do all the fish that get weighed get kept or do they try to release some?

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
holy piss ant those are some very strong weigh ins. just to clarify, does each individual fish get the +2 for basket, or just the total of all fish? so like a basket of 33lbs, is that 33-2 = total or 33-2 for each fish (6) = 21 ish..?

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
holy piss ant those are some very strong weigh ins. just to clarify, does each individual fish get the +2 for basket, or just the total of all fish? so like a basket of 33lbs, is that 33-2 = total or 33-2 for each fish (6) = 21 ish..?

Add 2lbs to just the total. And then if they weigh just 1 big fish, it would also have the extra 2 pounds on it.

Aquaholic

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't tell anybody, but if your the last guy to weigh in you get all the extra slime weight.:;:thumbsup

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Results will be on their Facebook page in a week or two I would imagine. Remember these guys have normal jobs like the rest of us. Patience...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
For having no big fish left in the river, there were a lot of kicker fish. Impressive.

Backwater Eddy

I get a kick how none of these tourneys are showing results. They have all these teams entered in a spread sheet, its not that hard to punch the numbers in the blanks, hit the top of the column and let it populate from the lowest weight to the highest weight, or vise versa. Or maybe I am all wrong altogether and the only copy every used or documented, is the bill board 12ft x 25ft with marker chicken scratch??? They just fold it up and stick it in the file cabinet, cause NO ONE has computers or cell phones.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get a kick how none of these tourneys are showing results. They have all these teams entered in a spread sheet, its not that hard to punch the numbers in the blanks, hit the top of the column and let it populate from the lowest weight to the highest weight, or vise versa. Or maybe I am all wrong altogether and the only copy every used or documented, is the bill board 12ft x 25ft with marker chicken scratch??? They just fold it up and stick it in the file cabinet, cause NO ONE has computers or cell phones.

Agreed. In my former life I used to be a tournament coordinator for golf tournaments. Ran many tournaments of 140-170 players. Always had the results posted to a web page and Facebook within 48 hours and many times had pictures of the scoreboards posted to the FB page same day. It's easy with the technology we have now to have results posted quick. Especially with a tournament this size and the amount of public interest, I'm surprised they don't have the results on their web page today.

Fisheyes247

Heard rumors of a 15.32 caught today, any truth to this?? Also heard that winning weight was 33 and change. Six fish.[/QUOTE

- - - Updated - - -

The big fish was 33 inches long and official weighted after being dead in live well for 3hours 13 pounds 14 ounces

rippenlips

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. In my former life I used to be a tournament coordinator for golf tournaments. Ran many tournaments of 140-170 players. Always had the results posted to a web page and Facebook within 48 hours and many times had pictures of the scoreboards posted to the FB page same day. It's easy with the technology we have now to have results posted quick. Especially with a tournament this size and the amount of public interest, I'm surprised they don't have the results on their web page today.

Need to know how to use technology to make your life easier first. Most of the people that run these things are use to flip phones and possible typewriters.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's that big fish, it was 33 inches and 13.14 lbs officially weighed.
And it almost looks to be egged out to boot, impressive fish for sure.
Think I'd have done a back flip out of the boat catching that in a tourney here!

eye.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like it didn't do to good on that stringer from earlier in the week........:;:stirthepot

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks to me like the big girls are started to show up again. Lets hope the trend continue Barring any BS from the Corp.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31