Bis to lose boat ramp

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s all you got? Tennessee failed to use IHC tests to confirm ELISA results. Poor human decision making is your smoking gun?
Brock seriously that article proves that if science research isn't taken with great care can actually damage future studies provided by the same institutes or other. Money a lot of money was wasted on this study, so you getting the picture yet or are you going to scoff some more and tells us that woopsy is an acceptable way to down play moments that have lasting effects that can break down all future studies.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/wasting-deer-deer-saliva-and-blood-can-carry-prions

This article provides the peanut gallery with ammo that says see its possible while it actually disproves it that it's only possible if deer.are spitting directly into another deers mouth.

There are other articles in the links i posted as well that provide information about high fence contamination and how infected free range deer where somehow able to infect a herd some of the deer while others where not that were supposed to be protected by a double fence barrier.
Don't mock us like we are some stupid mouth breathers that are not interested in knowing why and who is dropping the ball on recent research.

@BrockW perhaps you can ask your science buddies to provide you with recent studies of actual peer reviewed data of deer being infected with the prions in a controlled environment without skewing the data to get the outcome they want.
Again I am telling you that the federal government and state funded labs do not care about finding out with irrefutable evidence to help those who are in the field seeing the effects of cwd on deer herds. No one here is doubting that it's real we know it's real just like blue tongue is real and has a devastating effect on deer survival. But to administer policies that date doesn't back up is counter productive and slows down all communications except those who have all.the time in the world to give out policies like bait banning that isn't the problem it'd lack of quality studies.
https://www.nationalacademies.org/e...ng-disease-in-us-cervid-populations-meeting-3
Watch this at 1hr 56 minutes

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Another no response to Financials from Brock....what's that song give me all your money? Notice him engaging the people that don't request he provide financial info??? God dam he should run for the senate or Gov..that legacy fund is waiting

Lunk, guy, trip..ask him about the cost if this dam boat ramp he wants....maybe he will respond then....

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another no response to Financials from Brock....what's that song give me all your money? Notice him engaging the people that don't request he provide financial info??? God dam he should run for the senate or Gov..that legacy fund is waiting

Lunk, guy, trip..ask him about the cost if this dam boat ramp he wants....maybe he will respond then....
Bud eventually all legacy funds will need to be accounted for and will be available to the public via FOIA after the project is over. No need for Brock to.tells us exactly what we all ready know is that the elite in Bismarck have the means and the know how to get what they want without any real blowback from Mr and Mrs John taxpayers

BrockW

I stated in a previous post I don’t know the cost yet, but will keep you folks posted. I won’t know until I meet with stakeholders, go over site plans, and figure out what monies are available.

Again, using grant money and agency funds, neither of these projects will result in a local tax increase to Bismarck residents. The new Mandan ramp was paid for in this exact same way and it didn’t cost the taxpayers of Mandan anything.

Annual maintenance like snow removal, dredging, etc will of course fall on local government. Primarily parks and rec departments.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I stated in a previous post I don’t know the cost yet, but will keep you folks posted. I won’t know until I meet with stakeholders, go over site plans, and figure out what monies are available.

Again, using grant money and agency funds, neither of these projects will result in a local tax increase to Bismarck residents. The new Mandan ramp was paid for in this exact same way and it didn’t cost the taxpayers of Mandan anything.

Annual maintenance like snow removal, dredging, etc will of course fall on local government. Primarily parks and rec departments.
holy shit Batman! You mean it’s free?! It won’t cost any taxpayers anything because it’s agency and grant money. Holy cow what a great deal! Hey everyone free money!…… you can’t seriously believe anyone here is this naive…..

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

They think grant money is free money when it's actually the tax payor...that's all we need is bis parks and req to get more money! Another one of those sneak it in. They will let us know the cost when the project starts....this guybhas to run for office at some point. I still give him credit for posting on this site even though in my opinion it's BS spend everyone else's money

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you guys suggest public projects get funded? Roads, parks, water mains, any infrastructure? Does there need to be 100% taxpayer consensus or should it all be privately built and managed?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How do you guys suggest public projects get funded? Roads, parks, water mains, any infrastructure? Does there need to be 100% taxpayer consensus or should it all be privately built and managed?
Pretty sure I answered this already....up front with the people and vote on it.
Just like what happened with Zimmerman athletic complex...guess what votes down..why? Because people new what it would cost and the value they would get from it

To add parks are WAY different then water mains. Boat ramps are WAY different then basic infrastructure required to a certain extent to survive. I don't think a park is needed for survival..not a fancy boat ramp..sure you could argue fishing is food etc but they did it years ago without a fancy ramp and survived. It is recreational and they should absolutely be voted on.

Last edited:

BrockW

holy shit Batman! You mean it’s free?! It won’t cost any taxpayers anything because it’s agency and grant money. Holy cow what a great deal! Hey everyone free money!…… you can’t seriously believe anyone here is this naive…..
Not free, just that the funds are already there and will be spent regardless. That’s how grants work. They get funded regardless. So again, might as well make that money benefit hunters and anglers.

For example, the Outdoor heritage fund is nothing but a grant program. Funded via oil tax revenue with a biennial cap set at the legislature. The money is there and will be spent regardless of other variables.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not free, just that the funds are already there and will be spent regardless. That’s how grants work. They get funded regardless. So again, might as well make that money benefit hunters and anglers.

For example, the Outdoor heritage fund is nothing but a grant program. Funded via oil tax revenue. The money is there and will be spent regardless of other variables.
Lol another politician..the grants are all ready funded..wtf..they get funded from Crooked politicians because they have crooked people begging for it...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
pissing and moaning, peddling conspiracy theories, and performing mental gymnastics to try and justify selfish interests (baiting for example).
Go ahead. Sling mud at those who are critical of a scientifically flawed policy that you rabidly support - for reasons that don't pass the smell test.

If wanting grandpa and/or his young grandson to harvest deer in a humane way (over bait) without causing substantive harm is selfish, then label me selfish.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Go ahead. Sling mud at those who are critical of a scientifically flawed policy that you support - for reasons that don't pass the smell test.

We saw a lot of this during COVID.
Wait what? We are to always trust govt and we always have to trust the people that want to spend our money with no questions asked...

BrockW

Brock seriously that article proves that if science research isn't taken with great care can actually damage future studies provided by the same institutes or other. Money a lot of money was wasted on this study, so you getting the picture yet or are you going to scoff some more and tells us that woopsy is an acceptable way to down play moments that have lasting effects that can break down all future studies.
I’m not sure which study you’re talking about. What happened in Tennessee is not research. It’s just monitoring efforts and testing protocol. That’s it. No research involved.

Testing protocol is using IHC tests to confirm ELISA results. Tennessee failed to use IHC tests and just relied on ELISA results. ELISA results can manifest false positives in a low percentage of tests. Which is why IHC is used to confirm positive that ELISA flags.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/wasting-deer-deer-saliva-and-blood-can-carry-prions

This article provides the peanut gallery with ammo that says see its possible while it actually disproves it that it's only possible if deer.are spitting directly into another deers mouth.
There are other studies that have been done. Some have used less saliva than 50ml and still result in positive infections, multiple projects have been done with no saliva inoculation at all, no Frankenstein inoculation of any kind. They just put negative animals in with positive animals and the they all get it.

Kind of funny you share that though, according to the bAitINg BOyZ and that CWD FB page that whole study has to be a sham, because prions aren’t real! 🤣

Don't mock us like we are some stupid mouth breathers that are not interested in knowing why and who is dropping the ball on recent research.
Well if the shoe fits….

Ive watched that before and Ive interacted with that entire committee. More specifically to the time stamp you share, I know Dr. Schuler, talked to her many times. Great person, smart lady.

BrockW

Go ahead. Sling mud at those who are critical of a scientifically flawed policy that you rabidly support - for reasons that don't pass the smell test.
I’m just slinging facts brother! 🤙

And I say this bluntly but also respectfully, I think the only thing that’s “scientifically flawed” is some of the rabidly biased opinions from some guys here on this subject. I think the evidence overwhelming supports baiting and feeding bans.

If wanting grandpa and/or his young grandson to harvest deer in a humane way (over bait) without causing substantive harm is selfish, then label me selfish.
Over half the states in the nation ban baiting, I’m confident that you and your grandson are enthusiastic and savvy hunters who will adapt and overcome, leading to success in the field.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

where do you think grant monies and agency funds come from ?????? While it may not increase the tax to the residents it leaves no room for tax relief. If they have millions to give to private pet projects they are already taking to much from the citizens. Tax monies or public property should never be given for private ventures. let private industry pay for their pet projects up front and give them tax exemptions for a few years after the project is complete.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah yes all non profit project being built on public land should be made up of funds of private donors. That way all future renovation of said projects can be maintained by those same people. Only public approved projects should be allowed to use grants like the legacy funds and if the citizens vote and approve funding it should be made as a low interest loan where it must be paid back in full. Pet projects is what Washington is used to north dakota is fiscally conservative by majority
Now if the city wanted to provide a center that was managed by city run group like parks and Recreational facility by all means but ngo on public land nope all funds should be private. Perhaps this amphitheater is different by a thought it was going to be controlled by a non profit. Managed by private individuals who have no oversight by taxpayers who are funding.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully the project for boat ramp/ hotel does not end up like 5 south by Civic Center.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Terrible idea. Non-profit doesn’t mean nobody makes money. Maybe I can start a non-profit marina on corps land so I don’t have to eat the overhead, and give myself a salary of 90% of the income. When it becomes too much of an inconvenience to keep up I’ll let it rot. Again why should a private entity be allowed to profit off of public land?

Private highways on public easements. Have fun paying fees and tolls to use them. And if they fall into disrepair who foots the bill to repair if the “owner” isn’t interested?

Only public approved projects get the green light? Pretty obvious that nothing will ever be agreed upon so nothing will ever get done.

BrockW

where do you think grant monies and agency funds come from ??????
Depends on the grant. Some come from federal based grants funding state level grants, some are simply excise taxes, some are production taxes. Large variety. But again, those grants are going to fund projects regardless. So, I have zero issue advocating for them to go to benefit hunters and anglers.

While it may not increase the tax to the residents it leaves no room for tax relief. If they have millions to give to private pet projects they are already taking to much from the citizens.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you here. Though, on a federal level we’re talking trillions, what’s a few hundred thousand or a couple million in grant money? That’s less than a drop in the bucket. I agree in creating tax relief, but a riverfront project or a boat ramp, aren’t going to balance the budget or even move the needle.

Tax monies or public property should never be given for private ventures. let private industry pay for their pet projects up front and give them tax exemptions for a few years after the project is complete.
I tend to agree with you but don’t think it’s black and white. I support federal moneys going to support local, family farms and ranches to keep them in business and to incentivize wildlife habitat and native grass. I think ag subsidies can get a little out of hand, no doubt. But in general, I’d rather use that money to make sure local, family owned ranchers stay on the landscape and keep ribeyes on my plate than going to a multi-billion dollar payment to some country in Africa in the name of “diplomacy”.

Like I said in my very first post to this forum. I wish we could go back and get a redo. But we can’t. Thousands of folks in our community support this project and are happy to get it. As much as I don’t like some aspects of how we got here. It is what it is. We can improve other ramps and compensate for the loss without having to take something the non-boating community is excited about. I attended the community meeting this winter and talked to multiple people who were really glad to see it happen and excited to go there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 232
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 70