Bis to lose boat ramp

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just slinging facts brother! 🤙

And I say this bluntly but also respectfully, I think the only thing that’s “scientifically flawed” is some of the rabidly biased opinions from some guys here on this subject. I think the evidence overwhelming supports baiting and feeding bans.

Over half the states in the nation ban baiting, I’m confident that you and your grandson are enthusiastic and savvy hunters who will adapt and overcome, leading to success in the field.
Meh. No you're not slinging facts. You're slinging "your truth".

You're entitled to your opinion, but your referring to what you're slinging as "facts" shows you're not real familiar with the critical nuances of the scientific process. Scientists who aren't natural critics and very dubious, even about their own findings, are CHUMPS in my opinion.

Every journal article supporting bait bans or discussing the facts of CWD transmission in general is chockfull of "should" "probably" "might" "assume" "likelihood" and on and on.

I have dealt with scientifically difficult to understand mirages for over 30 years. So much so that I publish articles and am invited to give presentations at international conferences where the topic is basically warning people not to let the evidence that seems to be "facts" sucker them into thinking they are indeed facts.

I spend most of my days at work making a concerted effort not to be fooled by what appears to be facts but aren't. So I know well the dangers of assuming things - that make you like like a fool later on. And you're in neck deep if you're convinced your trusted scientists are right about everything.

By the way, I've not yet gotten close to needing bait to deer hunt (knock on wood). I'm not the Grandpa I was referencing.

I was talking about other people needlessly being asked to sacrifice for something that's unnecessary, not myself or my friends in particular.

BrockW

I saw this posted on FB a while back. This is the same grant program that put money towards the river front project.

A Taxpayer funded grant putting dollars towards a private project that will not benefit ND residents and instead only a single private business. At least the river front project will be free to the public and open to everyone in the community.

Does anyone think this outfitter, who’s going to build a big lodge with the funds, will be giving free outfitted hunts to residents? Opening his land to ND resident hunters (no doubt that this grant will allow him to lease up more of it)? Allowing hunters to stay at his lodge for free?

This is literally taxpayer money going to commercialize our own wildlife and reduce access, to benefit a single business.

https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/b...-lodge-in-medina-receive-matching-grant-funds

Destination Development fund
https://www.commerce.nd.gov/services-assistance/grant-programs/destination-development-grant

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw this posted on FB a while back. This is the same grant program that put money towards the river front project.

A Taxpayer funded grant putting dollars towards a private project that will not benefit ND residents and instead only a single private business. At least the river front project will be free to the public and open to everyone in the community.

Does anyone think this outfitter, who’s going to build a big lodge with the funds, will be giving free outfitted hunts to residents? Opening his land to ND resident hunters (no doubt that this grant will allow him to lease up more of it)? Allowing hunters to stay at his lodge for free?

This is literally taxpayer money going to commercialize our own wildlife and reduce access, to benefit a single business.

https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/b...-lodge-in-medina-receive-matching-grant-funds

Destination Development fund
https://www.commerce.nd.gov/services-assistance/grant-programs/destination-development-grant
You notice that the amphitheater isn't listed on the list but what's crazy Brock is there is already an entertainment center called The Pavilion at Sleepy Hollow Theatre and Arts Park that is. Lmao 🤣

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You notice that the amphitheater isn't listed on the list but what's crazy Brock is there is already an entertainment center called The Pavilion at Sleepy Hollow Theatre and Arts Park that is. Lmao 🤣
But nothing with his name on it......

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive watched that before and Ive interacted with that entire committee. More specifically to the time stamp you share, I know Dr. Schuler, talked to her many times. Great person, smart lady.

Congressional Hearings from 2019. Dr. Schuler from Cornel University is the first speaker of four.

It took a while to get Congress to support the $420 million dollar CWD Research and Management Act of 2022.

Dr. Schuler also lent her name as one of the thirty experts who put their names on the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies "Best Management Practices."

Many times people blame politicians. They actually don't write these Bills, people do and lobby for their support.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's kind of ironic that website like NoDakAngler appears to have members against the replacement of a boat ramp that is apparently destined to history.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's kind of ironic that website like NoDakAngler appears to have members against the replacement of a boat ramp that is apparently destined to history.
You would view it that way..number 1 it shouldn't be removed number 2 stop wasting our tax money..easy enough to understand? You and Brock should get together and self fund it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. I am pretty sure I have not supported the upcoming riverfront development in any way, shape, or form.

2. However, in the light of this seeming to be a "done deal", I support efforts to replace what is easily one of the top two public ramps in the area.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1. I am pretty sure I have not supported the upcoming riverfront development in any way, shape, or form.

2. However, in the light of this seeming to be a "done deal", I support efforts to replace what is easily one of the top two public ramps in the area.
I don't, maybe people will realize who the hell they vote for if it gets bad enough.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The fact that the project that requires yanking it out is not on the hook to replace it with a new one is absolutely mind-boggling.
Problem is it's still wasting tax payors money. If you want some sort of park or amphitheater put it where nothing is already developed and working.

BrockW

I get the frustrations and share some of them. It’s not lost on me how backwards some of this is. Unfortunately, with landownership, funding, stakeholders, etc., and all of those moving parts aligning like they do, I have a feeling the rubber was going to meet the road in some shape or fashion regardless. There just wasn’t another area they could get approved for building such a riverfront “festival ground”. I know because I tried going through other locations and gauging suitability. Without mountains of earthwork and 10x the dollars(or more), rerouting roads, utilities, other infrastructure, nothing else worked.

We can either whine about it on the internet or we can get to work getting some benefit out of it. I know what I’m going to do.

Oh, and Hi Dwight, welcome to the fray.😘

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Problem is it's still wasting tax payors money. If you want some sort of park or amphitheater put it where nothing is already developed and working.
That's the thing Bismarck is already building a theater area for entertainment which received money from the Legacy Fund. So Bismarck is so huge it needs two wowzer
Screenshot_20240613_153040_Maps.jpg

BrockW

Hello Brock,

Are you on days off from the Department of Mineral Resources or are we the taxpayers providing you with an office, a computer, a paycheck to type on forums all day?

https://www.hunttalk.com/search/1868727/?c[users]=brocksw&o=date

You are one busy guy.
Indeed I am. Running errands and heading to the gym now. You and your buddies already threatened to come to my house and “kick my ass” and “teach me a lesson” over the baiting bill, you going to try and come for my job too?

Am I on pace to catch your post total here on NDA? Looks like I’ll never catch you…. 5k! Wowzers, the ranch must keep you busy!

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Indeed I am. Running errands and heading to the gym now. You and your buddies already threatened to come to my house and “kick my ass” and “teach me a lesson” over the baiting bill, you going to try and come for my job too?

Am I on pace to catch your post total here on NDA? Looks like I’ll never catch you…. 5k! Wowzers, the ranch must keep you busy!
You will never hit that..you only come here to convince people how you can spend their money for them..what's that 1 or 2 times a year?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 232
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 70