Bis to lose boat ramp

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just slinging facts brother! 🤙

And I say this bluntly but also respectfully, I think the only thing that’s “scientifically flawed” is some of the rabidly biased opinions from some guys here on this subject. I think the evidence overwhelming supports baiting and feeding bans.

Over half the states in the nation ban baiting, I’m confident that you and your grandson are enthusiastic and savvy hunters who will adapt and overcome, leading to success in the field.
This is the same argument Fauci and his cronies made to justify the Covid shut down and masking.

BrockW

This is the same argument Fauci and his cronies made to justify the Covid shut down and masking.
Ok? What’s that got to do with anything?

Put 39 people in a room with Covid and statistically no one dies.

Put 39 elk in a positive facility they all get it and they all die. This exact thing has been done.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw this posted on FB a while back. This is the same grant program that put money towards the river front project.

A Taxpayer funded grant putting dollars towards a private project that will not benefit ND residents and instead only a single private business. At least the river front project will be free to the public and open to everyone in the community.

Does anyone think this outfitter, who’s going to build a big lodge with the funds, will be giving free outfitted hunts to residents? Opening his land to ND resident hunters (no doubt that this grant will allow him to lease up more of it)? Allowing hunters to stay at his lodge for free?

This is literally taxpayer money going to commercialize our own wildlife and reduce access, to benefit a single business.

https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/b...-lodge-in-medina-receive-matching-grant-funds

Destination Development fund
https://www.commerce.nd.gov/services-assistance/grant-programs/destination-development-grant
Isn’t there a hotel in the plans? Will that be free to the public or will they charge for its use? This is literally taxpayer money going to commercialize our own river front property and reduce access, to benefit a private business

BrockW

Isn’t there a hotel in the plans? Will that be free to the public or will they charge for its use? This is literally taxpayer money going to commercialize our own river front property and reduce access, to benefit a private business
It was apart of the original riverfront proposal in2018/2019 when the city was asking for project ideas. But it was not funded and does not have support from the city, and to my understanding is highly unlikely to ever happen. But that is the extent of what I know about the hotel.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Put 39 elk in a positive facility they all get it and they all die. This exact thing has been done.
They lied about covid stating their claims were backed by science while they were pushing their agenda. whats to say they are not lying about CWD while claiming it’s backed by science to push their agenda.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy to tell government employees and private workers in this thread…. 😂 some want to be conservative with the tax money they work hard for. Some think grants and tax money fall out of the sky. Allen there ya go leaning left again 😲

Only you can equate wanting public boat ramps and being a lefty. I suppose you would be ok with a conservative being allowed to install a private boat ramp on public property where they'd charge you $20 every time you launched your boat. Is that your idea of being fiscally conservative?

BrockW

They lied about covid stating their claims were backed by science while they were pushing their agenda. whats to say they are not lying about CWD while claiming it’s backed by science to push their agenda.
I talked to the guy who conducted and published the study. The study was peer reviewed. He’s published multiple works on CWD. He’s a hunter and a veterinarian, now retired. Dr. Terry Kreeger.

I’ve also talked to multiple other researchers who’ve conducted similar studies on whitetail and mule deer. Studies done both in captive facilities, on deer farms, and on wild deer.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only you can equate wanting public boat ramps and being a lefty. I suppose you would be ok with a conservative being allowed to install a private boat ramp on public property where they'd charge you $20 every time you launched your boat. Is that your idea of being fiscally conservative?
No actually I’m for being ok with the things we have now and not spending an absolute shit ton of “free” money to inevitably end up with a higher tax burden down the road. Why does “progress” always equate to more taxes. Always. Every single f-phing time. The last 15-20 years I’ve hear it over and over and over. This “investment will spur growth and bolster our tax base” “ this growth will reduce the costs for everyone” Etc etc. how many times have our taxes actually gone down? Bismarck has only grown the last 15 years yet somehow I’m paying more and my taxes continue to rise…. Progress my ass.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
We’re in a race for progress yet we are going backwards….we’re moving too fast and everything is out of control across all governments. Can’t we just fucking chill for like 2 years and leave everything alone and just enjoy life for a few years before we go back to “progress”. Progress is a rat race and a shit show

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
No actually I’m for being ok with the things we have now and not spending an absolute shit ton of “free” money to inevitably end up with a higher tax burden down the road. Why does “progress” always equate to more taxes. Always. Every single f-phing time. The last 15-20 years I’ve hear it over and over and over. This “investment will spur growth and bolster our tax base” “ this growth will reduce the costs for everyone” Etc etc. how many times have our taxes actually gone down? Bismarck has only grown the last 15 years yet somehow I’m paying more and my taxes continue to rise…. Progress my ass.

Where has anyone said anything about new taxes to fund a replacement ramp?

And by the way, you seem to have glossed over the parts where I've said I am not in favor of the redevelopment. I am only in favor of not losing public boat ramps that have already been bought and paid for by tax money.

I am guessing you never did well on reading comprehension exams.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked to the guy who conducted and published the study. The study was peer reviewed. He’s published multiple works on CWD. He’s a hunter and a veterinarian, now retired. Dr. Terry Kreeger.

I’ve also talked to multiple other researchers who’ve conducted similar studies on whitetail and mule deer. Studies done both in captive facilities, on deer farms, and on wild deer.
Look like someone has a pre determined agenda, it took me all of 2 minutes to find.

” Terry Kreeger of the Wyoming game and fish department said baiting cervids is not allowed in his state.

It’s not a fair way to hunt animals,” he said.”

He went on to discuss cwd but made His bias clear.

BrockW

Look ps like someone has a pre determined agenda, it took me all of 2 minutes to find.

” Terry Kreeger of the Wyoming game and fish department said baiting cervids is not allowed in his state.

It’s not a fair way to hunt animals,” he said.”

He went on to discuss cwd but made His bias clear.

So he faked not just one, but multiple, research projects over the course of decades, in front of multiple research teams, risking his career, his livelihood, his retirement, and his reputation, all so he could take baiting away….

Wow. That’s some tin foil hat shit there.

And I suppose all the other researchers, the teams of folks involved, no doubt hundreds of people across multiple decades, dedicating their careers to this work, and staking their reputations on those research projects, they were all in on it?

And only the folks that hunt over bait, have no scientific background, and run a FB page, those are the only ones that are unbiased and have the truth? Is that right?

🤣

Last edited:

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where has anyone said anything about new taxes to fund a replacement ramp?

And by the way, you seem to have glossed over the parts where I've said I am not in favor of the redevelopment. I am only in favor of not losing public boat ramps that have already been bought and paid for by tax money.

I am guessing you never did well on reading comprehension
Oh Allen you silly little goose 😂 you stated earlier the ramp removal is pretty much a done deal so quit squawking there nothing we can do now. Take your change and accept it and if you like you doctor you can keep your doctor. Basically sums up your previous post. And the replacement ramps are proposed to be added second ramps to existing ramp areas….. but they don’t know the cost and anything else at this time (feels like a bait and switch attempt to appease pissed off sportsman to me)…..wouldn’t that be a replacement or a new ramp if they do find some “free money” to add ramps at existing locations?If there’s one there now and they add another that would make two so would be considered a new ramp 🤷‍♂️ My reading comprehension may suck but your math skills are atrocious.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member

Well that depends…. How many of the 39 are put on ventilators?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
So he faked not just one, but multiple, research projects of the course of decades, in front of multiple research teams, risking his career, his livelihood, his retirement, and his reputation, all so he could take baiting away….

And I suppose all the other researchers, the teams of folks involved, staking their careers and reputations on those research projects, they were all in on it?

And only the folks that hunt over bait, those are the only ones that are unbiased? Is that right?

🤣
i showed you proof of his bias but because your bias you chose to ignore it. I havent hunted over bait in over 10 yrs, I am neutral on baiting and have no bias towards baiting.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh Allen you silly little goose 😂 you stated earlier the ramp removal is pretty much a done deal so quit squawking there nothing we can do now. Take your change and accept it and if you like you doctor you can keep your doctor. Basically sums up your previous post. And the replacement ramps are proposed to be added second ramps to existing ramp areas….. but they don’t know the cost and anything else at this time (feels like a bait and switch attempt to appease pissed off sportsman to me)…..wouldn’t that be a replacement or a new ramp if they do find some “free money” to add ramps at existing locations?If there’s one there now and they add another that would make two so would be considered a new ramp 🤷‍♂️ My reading comprehension may suck but your math skills are atrocious.

FWIW, I don't get to decide if the project is a "done deal". I'm just saying that if it is, then there needs to be a replacement ramp. And no, an expansion of Fox Island isn't adding a new ramp in my world. The Mandan ramp is new, but is not a replacement ramp for the Grant Marsh ramp IMHO.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did he pay to install the ramp? Your choice to use the ramp isn't it?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So he faked not just one, but multiple, research projects over the course of decades, in front of multiple research teams, risking his career, his livelihood, his retirement, and his reputation, all so he could take baiting away….

And I suppose all the other researchers, the teams of folks involved, no doubt hundreds of people across multiple decades, dedicating their careers to this work, and staking their reputations on those research projects, they were all in on it?

And only the folks that hunt over bait, have no scientific background, and run a FB page, those are the only ones that are unbiased and have the truth? Is that right?

🤣
Neither do...they have their agenda to being funded and the other has their agenda...just like you have your agenda. I do believe there are researchers as you would say that would put everything on the line....why would I say that? Because who the hell is going to prove them wrong? Just like you said some people from a FB page or nodak website? So they have in reality zero to lose and lots to gain by promoting the "research" they have done...anybody doing research can skey facts. There was a 1000% increase in cwd when we tested. Look into the reality and it may have been 1 deer..the 1000% sounds good doesn't it? It's called lying with statistics. Yes even a dumb nodak angler guy knows that term

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 232
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 70