What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Slappy" data-source="post: 403346" data-attributes="member: 7608"><p>I called game and fish about this yesterday afternoon and promptly received a call back from a very nice gentleman. This was not a surprise as the few times I've called a warden or fisheries biologist they have always been responsive and willing to talk, and it doesn't work like that many other places. I don't agree with everything NDGF does (cervid covid A.K.A CWD for example) but for the most part they do a fantastic job, especially with fisheries.</p><p></p><p>Unfortunately, the discussion gave me more concern than hope. The NDGF was not tracking this proposed ramp destruction as an issue for fisherman. They may begin looking into it but have no official position at this time. Supposedly this was the first time it was brought to their attention. He made some comments about enforcement and the zoo that is pontoon/waverunner season on the river and seemed to suggest that could be viewed by some as indication that one less boat ramp in town would be a good thing. I proposed that NDGF should be focused on maintaining access for fishing that occurs in this stretch primarily before and after the zoo is in town in June-September.</p><p></p><p>Better late than never for the department to follow this issue, but this plan has been public for many months. I find it hard to believe someone there has not been party to a discussion or two. At advisory board meetings department leaders are quick to note they are funded almost exclusively by licenses/sportsmen. I am hopeful they will do the right thing and fight for us, but based on the conversation I had I expect it will take many more phone calls from you all to get them to take a stance. Light em up!</p><p></p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]65296[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Slappy, post: 403346, member: 7608"] I called game and fish about this yesterday afternoon and promptly received a call back from a very nice gentleman. This was not a surprise as the few times I've called a warden or fisheries biologist they have always been responsive and willing to talk, and it doesn't work like that many other places. I don't agree with everything NDGF does (cervid covid A.K.A CWD for example) but for the most part they do a fantastic job, especially with fisheries. Unfortunately, the discussion gave me more concern than hope. The NDGF was not tracking this proposed ramp destruction as an issue for fisherman. They may begin looking into it but have no official position at this time. Supposedly this was the first time it was brought to their attention. He made some comments about enforcement and the zoo that is pontoon/waverunner season on the river and seemed to suggest that could be viewed by some as indication that one less boat ramp in town would be a good thing. I proposed that NDGF should be focused on maintaining access for fishing that occurs in this stretch primarily before and after the zoo is in town in June-September. Better late than never for the department to follow this issue, but this plan has been public for many months. I find it hard to believe someone there has not been party to a discussion or two. At advisory board meetings department leaders are quick to note they are funded almost exclusively by licenses/sportsmen. I am hopeful they will do the right thing and fight for us, but based on the conversation I had I expect it will take many more phone calls from you all to get them to take a stance. Light em up! [ATTACH type="full"]65296[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
Top
Bottom