What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="BrockW" data-source="post: 413475" data-attributes="member: 5910"><p>Depends on the grant. Some come from federal based grants funding state level grants, some are simply excise taxes, some are production taxes. Large variety. But again, those grants are going to fund projects regardless. So, I have zero issue advocating for them to go to benefit hunters and anglers.</p><p></p><p></p><p>I don’t necessarily disagree with you here. Though, on a federal level we’re talking trillions, what’s a few hundred thousand or a couple million in grant money? That’s less than a drop in the bucket. I agree in creating tax relief, but a riverfront project or a boat ramp, aren’t going to balance the budget or even move the needle.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I tend to agree with you but don’t think it’s black and white. I support federal moneys going to support local, family farms and ranches to keep them in business and to incentivize wildlife habitat and native grass. I think ag subsidies can get a little out of hand, no doubt. But in general, I’d rather use that money to make sure local, family owned ranchers stay on the landscape and keep ribeyes on my plate than going to a multi-billion dollar payment to some country in Africa in the name of “diplomacy”.</p><p></p><p>Like I said in my very first post to this forum. I wish we could go back and get a redo. But we can’t. Thousands of folks in our community support this project and are happy to get it. As much as I don’t like some aspects of how we got here. It is what it is. We can improve other ramps and compensate for the loss without having to take something the non-boating community is excited about. I attended the community meeting this winter and talked to multiple people who were really glad to see it happen and excited to go there.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="BrockW, post: 413475, member: 5910"] Depends on the grant. Some come from federal based grants funding state level grants, some are simply excise taxes, some are production taxes. Large variety. But again, those grants are going to fund projects regardless. So, I have zero issue advocating for them to go to benefit hunters and anglers. I don’t necessarily disagree with you here. Though, on a federal level we’re talking trillions, what’s a few hundred thousand or a couple million in grant money? That’s less than a drop in the bucket. I agree in creating tax relief, but a riverfront project or a boat ramp, aren’t going to balance the budget or even move the needle. I tend to agree with you but don’t think it’s black and white. I support federal moneys going to support local, family farms and ranches to keep them in business and to incentivize wildlife habitat and native grass. I think ag subsidies can get a little out of hand, no doubt. But in general, I’d rather use that money to make sure local, family owned ranchers stay on the landscape and keep ribeyes on my plate than going to a multi-billion dollar payment to some country in Africa in the name of “diplomacy”. Like I said in my very first post to this forum. I wish we could go back and get a redo. But we can’t. Thousands of folks in our community support this project and are happy to get it. As much as I don’t like some aspects of how we got here. It is what it is. We can improve other ramps and compensate for the loss without having to take something the non-boating community is excited about. I attended the community meeting this winter and talked to multiple people who were really glad to see it happen and excited to go there. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
Top
Bottom