Bismarck Schools Get Guns

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Excellent. With two kids in school and one more on the way, I welcome the added safety. If it keeps one person from thinking a school is an easy target...

I go back to what I'd said a couple months ago. Give an officer an office in each school. A squad car parked out front also may deter some crime. The LEO has to be somewhere anyhow, and during time when they may be filling out paperwork, etc, they could be in an office in a school.

Jaykay

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's SO HARD to imaging we've come to this. I remember decades ago amazed how inner cities had kids pass through metal detectors. Really? Well, spin the calendar forward and here we are in 2018 happening in our own backyard.

It's sad to even consider what the next generation of kids will have to submit to while in school.... :mad:

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Excellent. With two kids in school and one more on the way, I welcome the added safety. If it keeps one person from thinking a school is an easy target...

I go back to what I'd said a couple months ago. Give an officer an office in each school. A squad car parked out front also may deter some crime. The LEO has to be somewhere anyhow, and during time when they may be filling out paperwork, etc, they could be in an office in a school.

Jaykay

Good idea!

I also like the idea of giving a job to a Vet that is no longer active and wants a job. I'm sure there are many Vets that need a job when going back to be a civilian and I'm sure many of them would love to have this type of role, protecting our kids.

I'm not a vet, so if someone that is could chime in on if this is a good idea, I would appreciate the feedback.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And when I was in school we all brought our guns to school in our cars and pickups and the doors were not locked, how times have changed

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]In a statement to HuffPost, Avery Gardiner, co-president at the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, called Bismarck’s move to arm school resource officers with AR-15s “ludicrous, moronic, and at best, naive.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“That the school is ordering medical kits to treat gunshot wounds at the same time it is getting AR-15s shows ― quite obviously ― that the school recognizes that bystanders get shot when there are AR-15s in schools, and yet they’re going ahead with this stupendously asinine plan,” she said. “If I had school-aged kids in Bismarck, I would move.”[/FONT]

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good!! As a vet, I'd throw my hat in the ring for that position if I lived in Bismarck. Many of us retired vets can't carry a ruck anymore or run as fast as we used to, but the fire to lend a hand still burns just as bright. An opportunity to continue protecting those who can't do it for themselves is kind of the reason alot of vets decided to serve in the first place.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope the people with the guns know how to use them better than the police I see emptying their clips and maybe connecting with one lucky shot. They panic and empty the clip in almost every video. Panic and guns is bad mkay.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
In a statement to HuffPost, Avery Gardiner, co-president at the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, called Bismarck’s move to arm school resource officers with AR-15s “ludicrous, moronic, and at best, naive.”
“That the school is ordering medical kits to treat gunshot wounds at the same time it is getting AR-15s shows ― quite obviously ― that the school recognizes that bystanders get shot when there are AR-15s in schools, and yet they’re going ahead with this stupendously asinine plan,” she said. “If I had school-aged kids in Bismarck, I would move.”

Just gotta say this. As a dad with one in elementary school, and one in middle school, (also have firearms in the house, by the way) if Bismarck's "asinine plan" caused Avery Gardiner to move, I'd help her pack. I'd chip in for gas money for her too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40