Buck of a lifetime in ND!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
DROOOOOL, slobber, slobber, slobber, drool, drool, slobber.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this was some other site these pictures would not be put up. Just because they are scared someone might get butt hurt.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
Another ND giant. Shot by Edmore apparently

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh wow, I know that guy personally from edmore and had just heard that he shot a good one yesterday from a buddy. Coolness and good for him!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fnznfwl God I hope not! That law is almost as dumb as the one that says you can not pick of a deer skull until they rule if they will allow you to keep it or not. I completely understand their rationale but that doesn't change the fact that it's misguided and is inherently stupid! It seems in cases like this or with a found skull you're automatically guilty until proven innocent.

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep you are correct on area supposedly 189". Crazy since there are very few deer up there anymore

This is correct, but knowing the area and hunter(s); this brute does not surprise me one bit!! The way things are going and looking, keep your "eyes" out for "2020"! :cool: #resurrectionofthe2005NDgiants!!

Mac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I jealous of him? Hell yeah if I had the money to hunt on leased land and pay the 5gs, you bet I would, but seeing I don't have that kind of money that will never happen, huge deer, but I wouldn't be able to open my pocket book to shoot a deer that someone else is expecting to get paid for basically raising and although it's not in a high fence, that area it got shot, could just as well be high fence area, can't even drive thru that area to get to my area, without getting stopped by the guy that owns and leases land in that area, and questioned why r u here why are u driving down my roads? Just isn't worth it to me!
None the less it's a great deer!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I jealous of him? Hell yeah if I had the money to hunt on leased land and pay the 5gs, you bet I would, but seeing I don't have that kind of money that will never happen, huge deer, but I wouldn't be able to open my pocket book to shoot a deer that someone else is expecting to get paid for basically raising and although it's not in a high fence, that area it got shot, could just as well be high fence area, can't even drive thru that area to get to my area, without getting stopped by the guy that owns and leases land in that area, and questioned why r u here why are u driving down my roads? Just isn't worth it to me!

I so agree with you. I'm afraid that is happening more and more in this state. The people with money are able to lease/buy land that the average guy just can't. In the last 10 years I have lost access to thousands of acres to pheasant and deer hunting land due to people from out of state paying for a place to hunt. It's frustrating when I had access to all of this land and now can't even set foot on it because I don't bring the land owners gift and benjamins.

I am afraid it's only a matter of time before most of the state becomes "pay to hunt".

But both bucks in this threat are spectacular. Great to see deer like that.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I so agree with you. I'm afraid that is happening more and more in this state. The people with money are able to lease/buy land that the average guy just can't. In the last 10 years I have lost access to thousands of acres to pheasant and deer hunting land due to people from out of state paying for a place to hunt. It's frustrating when I had access to all of this land and now can't even set foot on it because I don't bring the land owners gift and benjamins.

I am afraid it's only a matter of time before most of the state becomes "pay to hunt".

But both bucks in this threat are spectacular. Great to see deer like that.

I see myself shifting to fishing more and more because of this movement in mentality. The only way I could afford it, is if my friends and family were all sharing the cost.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
Another ND giant. Shot by Edmore apparently

Close but no cigar
tumblr_lul6zlPY161qay78vo1_500.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perhaps we should push the game and fish to set up the nonresident bow tags like IA does. If a guy can only get a tag once every three years or so it would put a pretty good dent into the leasing.

Mac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too am fishing more because of this, the little bit of land I do have access too is also becoming a community spot, this is very dishearting, I do have 3 boys that will suffer from this and not get to experience the joys of hunting opertunities, but they will become great fisherman!
You can't tell me that going out and talking with landowners makes a difference, cause like you said gifts and 100dollar bills speaks more loudly than a local you've known your whole life have great relationships with call them friends but without big dollars, hunting is not happening, I have had this experience more times than I can count, so I guess my family is really going to like eating over priced beef and very expensive fish, at this rate!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you are driving on public land or section lines tell the guy to get bent and let him know that if he keeps harassing you that you will be filing a complaint for harassment with the local law enforcement.

20.1-01-31. Interference with rights of hunters and trappers.
An individual may not intentionally interfere with the lawful taking of wildlife on public or
private land by another or intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife on public or private
land for the purpose of disrupting a lawful hunt. The individual may not use an aerial vehicle that
does not carry a human operator on public or private land to intentionally interfere with the
lawful taking of wildlife by another individual or intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife
for the purpose of disrupting a lawful hunt. Except for department personnel, the individual
setting the trap or snare, or that individual's agent, another individual may not remove or tamper
with a trap or snare legally set to take fur-bearing animals or unprotected wild animals or
remove the fur-bearing animal or unprotected wild animal from a trap or snare. This section
does not apply to any incidental interference arising from lawful activity by public or private land
users or to landowners or operators interfering with hunters on land owned or operated by that
individual.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately, leasing of hunting property will be the biggest threat to hunter recruitment this generation, and I dont know if there is a solution. It is driving hunters out of the sport like many have admitted to here already. I am torn on the issue. I despise it. But I believe in private property rights and unfortunately hunting rights have become a commodity.

It is ruining hunting in this state for the residents of ND. We are forced onto less land with more hunters due to competition. Limiting out of state hunters would def help but the GNF loves the revenue from them too much to limit them. They welcome them in droves with open arms. I wish leasing wasn't the issue, because its a tough problem to solve. The rest of the country has succumbed to it, hopefully we handle things differently but I doubt it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10