cabelas cast iron?

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone ever try their skillets? Seem to be pretty good reviews and at a price without breaking the bank.
I hate "cabelas" now about as much as dicks but am guessing these are the same old cabelas cast iron productions

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do you hate cabelas as much as dicks?

Not even close....Yes they got bought out by Bass Pro, but morally there is nothing wrong with either company.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Go on eBay and buy a old Griswold, clean it and season it and your good to go

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do you hate cabelas as much as dicks?

Not even close....Yes they got bought out by Bass Pro, but morally there is nothing wrong with either company.

Because their sales are crap compared what they used to be, they're getting rid of the quality cabelas line clothing, no more bargain cave, tax on everything (pre the new online state tax law), they use FED-ex for shipping, you never see the "20% off everything plus free shipping two day sale only" at random times like they used to...need I go on?.....

- - - Updated - - -

Go on eBay and buy a old Griswold, clean it and season it and your good to go

in reality how much better are they for that price point griswolds are? that's a serious question

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
iam not a big fan of dicks either, but what does that have to do with shopping?

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

in reality how much better are they for that price point griswolds are? that's a serious question

For the price of Griswold iron I would probably be looking at carbon steel instead. I have no experience with carbon steel yet, but my next pan will be. I've heard so much good about them I need to try it out. Finally got a gas range last year so still working on building up pan collections.

In the end I'm sure Cabelas cast iron would work fine. Just take a lot of time and effort for the proper "non stick" season.... I use Lodge and they are all made in China nowadays I think... Lodge carbon steel is made in USA however.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41