Canadian Bear hunt

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Were going to Ontario end of the month Bear hunting. What can we legally bring into Canada. Looking to bring.
Lunch meat
Cheese
Pasta
Spaghetti
Hamburger
Steaks
Water
Gatorade
Soda
Plan on hitting Costco the day before we leave.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were going to Ontario end of the month Bear hunting. What can we legally bring into Canada. Looking to bring.
Lunch meat
Cheese
Pasta
Spaghetti
Hamburger
Steaks
Water
Gatorade
Soda
How many jelly donuts can you bring in ;) ?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless things have changed since I last was there, which was probably 2011-2012 come to think of it, you should be good with that list. You forgot any kind of candy assortment, gotta have some kind of licky's and chewy's

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunch meat
Cheese
Pasta
Spaghetti
Hamburger
Steaks
Water
Gatorade
Soda
zero issues with any of those items

Founding Member
Founding Member
I go up allot, your good to go. Don't bring any kind of bait for the bears and you can only take up so much beer and hard liquor per person. I like to go up through the smaller border crossings myself, just find out what their hours are and have your bears tagged correctly when coming back. You'll have to go inside and fill out paperwork on the US side. Don't try hiding stuff and no pistols and check all your little storage compartments for things like bullets and stuff that could get you in trouble.
Have fun!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I go up allot, your good to go. Don't bring any kind of bait for the bears and you can only take up so much beer and hard liquor per person. I like to go up through the smaller border crossings myself, just find out what their hours are and have your bears tagged correctly when coming back. You'll have to go inside and fill out paperwork on the US side. Don't try hiding stuff and no pistols and check all your little storage compartments for things like bullets and stuff that could get you in trouble.
Have fun!
Thanks for the advice, just plan on bring back meat and skulls. Probably leave the hides up there. I cleaned out the pickup were taking. Just to be on the safe side. When i checked my first aid kit. There were ten 40 caliber shells in it. Im sure if they found them questions would be asked. Got all the 4 wheelers lic and registered. Helmets for everyone.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Booze, 1 case beer (16 oz.) or bottle per legal age person. Ask me how I know this !

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the advice, just plan on bring back meat and skulls. Probably leave the hides up there. I cleaned out the pickup were taking. Just to be on the safe side. When i checked my first aid kit. There were ten 40 caliber shells in it. Im sure if they found them questions would be asked. Got all the 4 wheelers lic and registered. Helmets for everyone.
You'll need to have the skulls boiled out and brain matter removed, it doesn't have to be ultra clean or anything.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You'll need to have the skulls boiled out and brain matter removed, it doesn't have to be ultra clean or anything.
I wondered how clean they had to be. Good late morning early afternoon project.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
A bear will walk over 10 pounds of prime rib to get at a Ho-HO or any apple pies, anything sweet.
I wonder if you are allowed to take a gallon of honey across? That scent carries for miles.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 25