Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not agreeing for cast iron. Gas stove trick is cool:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have some cast iron including one kicking around the shop full of nuts and bolts. My grandson wanted a cast iron so I said let's clean this up. My son (his dad) flipped it over and googled Chicago #7 and it come up $135. Now the grandson has better iron with half the weight of mine.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Copy of "Alton Jones' Ribeye": I consider the result "medium rare" in the center. I prefer the hot pink of "Medium". I don't like the texture/taste of a garden slug and finishing yard with shit all over: Late Pard was constantly admonished by steak house waitresses as he wanted his steak seared and "still twitching" :p It was hard to watch his plate pool with "blood" and subsequent bread/baked potato sopping.

RoundUp facilitated his eating of the tenderloins at the kill site before the rest of the carcass is brought back to the village in his afterlife. I miss Greg and always think of him this time of year. He was buried on my birthday. On our last hunt together he destroyed a turkey's neck with a .17 HMR (varmint rd) @75yds after three admonishments to "stop trying for fucking head shot" (over three days in the Hills--Fall).

The gun was certainly up to the task. A turkey's head is never still. He had an ego...

Anyways:

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
What i do now is fry my fish in a cast iron skillet on the blackstone outside. Cats meow. Heat is more even then using a gas burner.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you put cast iron on cast iron? I thought those black stones were already cast.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
you know the grease runs off em This way i can put a little grease in to cook from

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wine Pan Sauce: Skip 2:40: (I've found "powders" to be fine: Cream and No Cream; both without beef broth: Why the eff would you need beef broth?!)

On a "steak" rabbit trail. I've done this with cabernet/merlot. It's good:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87