Founding Member
Founding Member

Bonus:

Bonus bonus:

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now all we need is a surefire easy way to peel them. What works ?
My latest batch of boiled eggs was the easiest I have ever peeled and they were even fresh eggs which is supposedly a no-no. I took eggs directly out of fridge and put them in boiling water for 10-12 minutes and then directly into a bowl of ice water. I pealed them the next day under running cool water and they all peeled quickly and perfectly, I didn't ruin a single egg of the 24 I boiled. Supposedly the cold/hot/cold shock helps separate that membrane from the egg to peel easier...but maybe I just got lucky!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
best bet for peeling boiled eggs is to let them set at room temperature for a week or so before you boil them...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
be careful w/ eggs in an oven or any other method other than boiling water by the way. if done correctly, you should be fine. but, the longer they are cooking, the bigger the danger of an eggsplosion. so, don't overcook in the oven!

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
We do ours in an instant pot pressure cooker. Silicon egg holder, 1 cup of water, five minute pressure cook. The shells slide off of the eggs, haven't nicked one while peeling.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84