Concealed carry

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found an ad from dealer in southern SD for a Taurus 709 slim in 9mm for $200. Is this brand a good gun or no??
oh and a couple I've looked at have laser sight or traser?? Is that a big deal or not? Kinda cool but...

Last edited:

sloppy

I second the Glock 43, with night sights and get the extended magazines. They allow your pinky some grip and make shooting much more comfortable and enjoyable. Really reliable gun...and have shot quite a few over the years. The S&W SD VE in 9mm is a reasonable priced very reliable one as well, but not as conceal and carry friendly.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wild and free, curious what problems they have had with the S&W Shield? Just curious.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
i found an ad from dealer in southern sd for a taurus 709 slim in 9mm for $200. Is this brand a good gun or no??
Oh and a couple i've looked at have laser sight or traser?? Is that a big deal or not? Kinda cool but...

run away.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are a Facebook guy, search and like the page "Smith and Wesson M&P Shield".
It currently has 38,436 members following. You can get lots of your questions answered about this series there. Everything from holsters, triggers, sites, size, how they shoot, what ammo works best and so on....and its all feedback from people that own them which relates to real life experience.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the replies. I will check into all the different ones you all mentioned. Problem is I live in Webster, SD...small town. No where to shoot. Local bait shop sells a few handguns but only conceal style are the 380s. I kinda like them but I'm a big guy and they seem pretty small for my hand. Dumb question but what do I look for in a fit with a handgun?

Brookings also has an indoor range and a few places that sell guns. Few more tips:

5. It doesn't matter how big your bullets are if you don't have any. Better to have more and smaller bullets than fewer larger bullets in the gun. (For a carry gun, 9mm is best, but any gun you can practice with can work.)

tinker

Founding Member
Founding Member
also may want to check out a springfield xds. amazing for concealed carry as they are small. if you get a clip extension for your pinky or an extended clip which they come with, itll fit a bigger hand- which i have. will run you around 500. love mine in a .45

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smith and Wesson Shield in 9MM is a great conceal carry pistol...they have a $75 rebate going now thru end of June....after applying the rebate and shopping around you can get them down to around $250 for a starting point. If you want to spend a little more the Sig Sauer P238 in .380 or the P938 in 9MM are both nice....you would be looking in the $650 to $850 range depending on model there. Personally I like the 9MM....ammo is very available and pretty inexpensive to shoot.

So any idea where I could get the 9mm for $250 after rebate?

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info Platinum and bed wetter! So I have never purchase a gun off the interweb, how does all the background check baloney work? I do have a ND carry permit..........
Scheels and Runnings in Bismarck are both at $399

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info Platinum and bed wetter! So I have never purchase a gun off the interweb, how does all the background check baloney work? I do have a ND carry permit..........
Scheels and Runnings in Bismarck are both at $399
You have to get it shipped to a ffl dealer. In Bismarck ship it to Jay's pawn shop and they will do the ffl transfer when you go pick it up charge you $20 or $25 to do it. Very easy just call Jay's and let them know

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to get it shipped to a ffl dealer. In Bismarck ship it to Jay's pawn shop and they will do the ffl transfer when you go pick it up charge you $20 or $25 to do it. Very easy just call Jay's and let them know

Also scheels may price match if it's convenient for them or they aren't to busy

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks everyone for the info, I will be ordering a 9MM! Cant beat the price that's for sure!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels had a special on three models of full(er) size Kimbers last week, and they were aluminum framed. I really thought they felt on the "cheap" end of things. I got nothing against lightweight guns. I have two polymer framed 9MM. The slides just felt "cheap".

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://palmettostatearmory.com/smith-wesson-m-p-shieldtm-9mm.html
posted it on page 1....319.99. saves ya money overbudsguns

I've ordered a lot of stuff from PSA. I only had a problem once and it was a freakin nightmare. They're great folks but they're totally operationally overextended. They have no process or structure in place for mitigating error. The reason I didn't suggest PSA is because Colt45 mentioned he'd never ordered a gun online before. PSA is good people but you have to understand how they operate. I'd order from grabagun and pay the extra $3.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18