Concealed carry

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Figured I would throw this up here, saw it in the latest paper flyer. They also have the Outlander Mallard 12gauge 100$ off. I have never done it so maybe that is what makes me nervous, but I would like to buy a gun in person at a dealer than order online.
IMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Scheels had a special on three models of full(er) size Kimbers last week, and they were aluminum framed. I really thought they felt on the "cheap" end of things. I got nothing against lightweight guns. I have two polymer framed 9MM. The slides just felt "cheap".

I'm not a big fan of Kimber but I'm wondering why you thought they felt "cheap". Was it because of the alloy frame?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
scheels had a special on three models of full(er) size kimbers last week, and they were aluminum framed. I really thought they felt on the "cheap" end of things. I got nothing against lightweight guns. I have two polymer framed 9mm. The slides just felt "cheap".
. Ok. image.jpg

- - -

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a big fan of Kimber but I'm wondering why you thought they felt "cheap". Was it because of the alloy frame?

Sorry, just saw this now.

I guess it was partly that they were very light, and partly that the slides felt sloppy. I'm no gunsmith, but some just seem to feel more precise.

I'm sure a big company like Kimber absolutely knows what it's doing, and if you listen to what people say, a LOT of what gun is good for you, is how it feels in your hand. Most of the big mfrs make quality guns, I'm sure.

I just thought that compared to a lot of the higher end Kimbers, those three were obviously price-point guns. If I had to guess their business plan, I'd say that they are tired of a lot of sales going to the $400 to $600 guns. Your Glocks and Smittys and Springfields. So maybe they just made some price-point models.

However, not everybody needs or can afford a thousand-dollar carry gun.

If I were in the market again, I'd look at some of the Sigs. I hear "you're just paying for the name", but they do appear to be great.

- - - Updated - - -

. Ok. Elk Coat Hanger.jpg

- - -
Uff, with a dog like that, you don't need a gun.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, just saw this now.

I guess it was partly that they were very light, and partly that the slides felt sloppy. I'm no gunsmith, but some just seem to feel more precise.

I'm sure a big company like Kimber absolutely knows what it's doing, and if you listen to what people say, a LOT of what gun is good for you, is how it feels in your hand. Most of the big mfrs make quality guns, I'm sure.

I just thought that compared to a lot of the higher end Kimbers, those three were obviously price-point guns. If I had to guess their business plan, I'd say that they are tired of a lot of sales going to the $400 to $600 guns. Your Glocks and Smittys and Springfields. So maybe they just made some price-point models.

However, not everybody needs or can afford a thousand-dollar carry gun.

If I were in the market again, I'd look at some of the Sigs. I hear "you're just paying for the name", but they do appear to be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Uff, with a dog like that, you don't need a gun.

I have a sig 238 & 938 they are ok but my kimber micro 380 & micro 9 beat them hands down in fit & finish

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a sig 238 & 938 they are ok but my kimber micro 380 & micro 9 beat them hands down in fit & finish

Very interesting to hear. I sure like the look of Kimber, and I've heard a lot of good things about them. This is why I was sorta surprised by those three that I mentioned earlier.

The only thing I've ever HEARD (not experienced first-hand) bad about any of the micros, is that you need to use a fairly potent shell to get them to operate all the time, and that if you have any sort of an accidentally looser-than-normal grip, you may experience stove-piping. I'm sure that that's not just little Kimbers though, and any small gun can be prone to this.

Again, I sure like the look of most of the micro 9's. Especially the little raptor.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very interesting to hear. I sure like the look of Kimber, and I've heard a lot of good things about them. This is why I was sorta surprised by those three that I mentioned earlier.

The only thing I've ever HEARD (not experienced first-hand) bad about any of the micros, is that you need to use a fairly potent shell to get them to operate all the time, and that if you have any sort of an accidentally looser-than-normal grip, you may experience stove-piping. I'm sure that that's not just little Kimbers though, and any small gun can be prone to this.

Again, I sure like the look of most of the micro 9's. Especially the little raptor.

I have the micro 9 crimson carry, I am a sucker for lasers

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well thanks to this thread i just finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) on my first hand gun. I ordered the S&W M&P Shield 9mm performance center w/night sights from Grab a Gun, $375 after rebate.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 145
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 51