Concrete home

LoBro

I am currently finishing up my concrete house here in Bismarck. It is more expensive to build than a stick frame house, but the overall energy efficiency in the long run is what I'm shooting for. My R-value on my main floor walls is approaching R-45. I set the blocks myself so the cost for me wasn't too bad.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
ICFS aren’t cheap. It’s absurd actually. Doing multiple stories is a challenge. But if your set up for it that makes it easier. My opinion is SIPS panels are a great way to go on the main floor and if your design allows for it certainly the roof also. You can heat the damn things with a candle

3geese4me

Honored Member
I am currently finishing up my concrete house here in Bismarck. It is more expensive to build than a stick frame house, but the overall energy efficiency in the long run is what I'm shooting for. My R-value on my main floor walls is approaching R-45. I set the blocks myself so the cost for me wasn't too bad.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the cost per sq ft that you built it for?

LoBro

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the cost per sq ft that you built it for?
I dont exactly know what the SF price is yet. I can tell you I spent about 28K on the forms,rebar,concrete, and 2 pump truck rentals. Basement walls were 8" and 9' tall. Main floor was 4" and 9' tall. I used the Nudura blocks from Brock White. I think they are easy to install due to them being 8' long and 18" tall. Plus, they have a interlocking system that uses clips instead of zip ties for the corners.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88