Dakota Waters Tournament?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ya it was an old school 580 case ruber tire hoe. Only about 5000 of them around at every ranch and contractor in a tri state area
Still easy to track down, what boats went into the area? Then let's see your phone. If you don't hand your phone over your disqualified. Someone would talk.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pretty sure they know who did it. Trying to prove it is the hard part...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still easy to track down, what boats went into the area? Then let's see your phone. If you don't hand your phone over your disqualified. Someone would talk.
Wouldn’t there need to be something in the rules before hand to make it illegal. Funny part is they went back there and the fish were gone. Also this may have been even before everyone had smart phones could just look at the graph

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
From my understanding...and for sure i do not know for sure.... purely speculative, but I HEARD thru the believable grapevine that it wasn't a sparkly boat that made the voyage to said waters but a smaller craft (changed boats for the tourney) that made the journey to catch fish. Perhaps someone on here knows more.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya that’s pretty much what I know to. It was an old beater boat. It wasn’t like the Panama Canal was dug. Had to get a little western getting across

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
True..but this was a number of years ago. Not sure if that was even in the rules regarding phones.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or it shows the never say die American fortitude to solve problems. Road block is in the way move it
What is says is ” if You don’t like the rules commit a felony in the middle of the night to give yourself an unfair advantage in a contest “ He’ll I bet you were ok with those guys stuffing lead in their fish to win, Because that would be American fortitude to solve their problem if not catching bigger fish.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is says is ” if You don’t like the rules commit a felony in the middle of the night to give yourself an unfair advantage in a contest “ He’ll I bet you were ok with those guys stuffing lead in their fish to win, Because that would be American fortitude to solve their problem if not catching bigger fish.
Nope it’s illegal to shove weights in the fish it’s right in the rules. Show me where in the rules it said that you could not dig a trench in a road that is no longer in use to access an area. Rule book has to be from that year because I bet it’s in there now.

Grey area just like in racing if it does not specifically state you can’t do it . It’s legal

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope it’s illegal to shove weights in the fish it’s right in the rules. Show me where in the rules it said that you could not dig a trench in a road that is no longer in use to access an area. Rule book has to be from that year because I bet it’s in there now.

Grey area just like in racing if it does not specifically state you can’t do it . It’s legal
Does it say in the rule something about obeying state laws ? I just read the Dakota walleye classic rules and no where in their rules does is state it is against the rules to retrieving fish previously caught, so by your ethics this must be legal. https://dakotawalleyeclassic.com/rules/

now it does state
ALL CURRENT STATE (ND GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT) RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED. ( this is required by the G&F for all tournaments).

now I would be willing to bet that somewhere in the game and fish regulations it has a law against destruction of Property

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it say in the rule something about obeying state laws ? I just read the Dakota walleye classic rules and no where in their rules does is state it is against the rules to retrieving fish previously caught, so by your ethics this must be legal. https://dakotawalleyeclassic.com/rules/

now it does state
ALL CURRENT STATE (ND GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT) RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED. ( this is required by the G&F for all tournaments).

now I would be willing to bet that somewhere in the game and fish regulations it has a law against destruction of Property
Wrong tournament. Is it really destruction of property if it was already destroyed by water.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong tournament. Is it really destruction of property if it was already destroyed by water.
I know DWC is a different tournament I used it as an example of the rules to show you that just because it doesn't specifically list it in the tourney rules does not make it legal ( dog kennel ) all fishing tournaments by law have to include the wording from the G&F

The road in question was not destroyed by the water it was underwater for a time but was exposed at the time the backhoe dug through it, so yes it was destruction of property. on google earth it shows the road is still there today and the damage caused by the intentional act is still visible.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know DWC is a different tournament I used it as an example of the rules to show you that just because it doesn't specifically list it in the tourney rules does not make it legal ( dog kennel ) all fishing tournaments by law have to include the wording from the G&F

The road in question was not destroyed by the water it was underwater for a time but was exposed at the time the backhoe dug through it, so yes it was destruction of property. on google earth it shows the road is still there today and the damage caused by the intentional act is still visible.

"If you aint cheating you aint eating" Dale Earnhardt

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
"If you aint cheating you aint eating" Dale Earnhardt
Good to know your ethical standards, now I hope all those directors of the tournaments you fish in or dog competitions you compete in know that you are a cheater. you probably believe it is ok to steal from your employer or anyone for that matter.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to know your ethical standards, now I hope all those directors of the tournaments you fish in or dog competitions you compete in know that you are a cheater. you probably believe it is ok to steal from your employer or anyone for that matter.

No that was Dale Sr that said that. I even think he said "with all do respect" so its protected in the geneva convention.

My dog is a cheater he cheats the water all the time. Dont need to tell the judges that they see it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 63
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 20