Dammit bobby!

HUNT2EAT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to fill my propane tanks before I head out to SW ND to go antelope hunting, turns out my tanks are expired and no one in town will fill them! They are a 99 model and expired in 2011. Even tho they have the new valves and have been filled twice a year for the last 4 years they now are all the sudden no good. Everywhere I went they were nice and expressed there point that if caught filling them that they could lose there propane license, I told them that is better than me having to go to the warden (the wife) and explain to her that I need to spend $140.00 on new EMPTY tanks. Anyone else running into this problem? With the propane not the wife.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tanks have to be recertified. Original tank is good for 10 or 12 years and the recertified is good for 5. I think they can only be recertified twice.

I believe there is a grace period on the original expire and the recert date. I think it is a couple of years before they will refuse to refill.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
In bismarck/mandan you can take them to a couple of cenex stations that will recert them.

probably doesn't help you much where you are located though.

HUNT2EAT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info, it's a place for me to start making phone calls in the morning!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
When my tanks expire I just go switch them out with the prefilled one at the gas station. Costs a couple dollars more but don't have to get them certified.

HUNT2EAT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do that with my 20lbers but the ones on my camper are 30. Which is nice to have when camping in the badlands during rifle season!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the type shiite constantly in my life which keeps my arteries clean. My record BP: 192/102 during an Air Farce physical. It set off an alarm which actually distressed the hell out of me. "Are you in cardiac arrest sir?!!": "I don't effing know, Troop; YOU'RE the freakn' medical professional..."

30 min of nice quiet time in a dark room brought it back to acceptable govt level. This poor black kid's expression was good for a chuckle as I breathed deeply in quiet room nirvana. Poor SOB looked like Buckwheat. Buckwheat was a good dude and deserves the divine pancake reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfZ2QXTrzuc

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54