Devils Lake storm 7/4/16

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Anyone sustain any damage? Reports on rainfall? Wind? Hail?

We left just as it was rolling in. Ended up going south through Minnewauken, then west, in order to go around it. Looked nasty, and sounded bad on the radio. A little worried about the camper. Anyone have a report for westbay heights?

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gother caught in it by rugby. Ended up pulling into the airport and hiding behind the hanger as I had my boat behind grampa's pickup. A lot of hail and rain.

Thankfully my boat survived the encounter

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in the camper at west bay when it rolled through. Hailed a lot and rain 1.4". Camper next to us tipped over with 4 people in it. Our slide out pushed half way in with a big gust of wind.

The hail did no damage.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I was in the camper at west bay when it rolled through. Hailed a lot and rain 1.4". Camper next to us tipped over with 4 people in it. Our slide out pushed half way in with a big gust of wind.

The hail did no damage.

Not good. Hoping to hear back from George.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Sounds like all good at ours. You must have been at westbay resort.

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of wind and rain at grahams neighbor lost his awning some tree branches snapped. It was pretty hairy for awhile.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I heard from someone that was up at New Johns (either east park or west park, I don't recall which) - someone's camper got pushed into the lake by the wind. Sounded like the people were in the camper at the time but they were OK.

ETA - I know it has nothing to do with Devils Lake but still storm related.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The numbers I read last night on the national severe weather reports page had allot of areas out by the flats and back towards rugby with wind in the 80 to 90 MPH range with the largest hail being a few tennis ball sized stones 12 miles east of willow city.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We waited to long. Two nice shocks on the fishing rods was enough. Made to run to henegar pull up and the ramp was a cluster f. Made it out in time watched the cluster from down below. Hail pea to marble. Wind was clocked at 65 or something like that at the airport. No damage. IMG_3163.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ps ford hood cover :)

- - - Updated - - -

Add to that hit something (log) on the way out of Pelican. No damage. Storms r never fun

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
The great white combination e hit hard between overly and rolette. Neighbors had a lot of hailed put crop and vechiles

silentbob

Founding Member
Founding Member
i left west bay heights on sunday but my parents were there during the storm and said wasnt much for damage around our camper. Some hail dings though. They are in the lots along the lake sort of in the middle. about 4 campers west of that big dock they got out there that consists of like 4 or 5 different docks put together, im sure you have seen it.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
i left west bay heights on sunday but my parents were there during the storm and said wasnt much for damage around our camper. Some hail dings though. They are in the lots along the lake sort of in the middle. about 4 campers west of that big dock they got out there that consists of like 4 or 5 different docks put together, im sure you have seen it.

Those folks are my sisters neighbors. I am 2 rows straight back from there.

silentbob

Founding Member
Founding Member
im surprised the wind hasnt taken it, apparently they got it pretty secure!

we are the ones with the NDSU painted golf cart haha

catbird

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a pontoon that got flipped over right at the long dock. It was on a lift when it went over. They got it off the lift and towed it to the ramp. When I left the lift was tipped over and away from the dock. There was three shed's that got ripped apart from the wind. I got in the pickup and sat out the storm

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
we were gonna stay till tuesday morning, but trouble at home had us leave a day early... we got up on monday morning and broke camp, getting water re-filled, both icky tanks emptied, and everything else rolled up... went into town to hook up a trailer for the pull home to williston... left dl at 230, and remarked about the 2 storms to the west that we could see coming...

checked radar bout leeds and could see that the storm developed just west of rugby... when we got within 5 miles of rugby we hit rain, then wind, then very heavy rain, then pea to 1/4 size hail... last 4 miles into rugby was 20 mph with the flashers on... looked to us at the time that the worst of it headed to the ne with lots of funny looking hanging clouds...

stopped there to get a sub and headed west... drove straight through to berthold... could still see the western side of the storm from there (150 miles away) bout the time it exited dl...

been a long time since i could see a storm from that far away... no damage at camp just w of woodland...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53