devils lake

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the past 10 years now you couldn't keep 12-14 inch walleyes off the hook , I'm surprised 4 -- 8 pound walleyes aren't a dime a dozen.

The only walleye I have found consistently foolish enough to snag their mouth on my hook is in Canada.
Personally though I almost don't care what stretches my string sometimes. If I can get into decent white bass and pitch cranks or jigs that will keep me entertained for a long time sometimes. A good pike bite wouldn't bother me either

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
White bass on top water is one of the best times a guy can have! Got into them one time when the water was running over a road bed it was only 6 inches deep so you could see them racing at the lure from 10 yards out it was blast.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
This time of year when I get to go it's deep structure or wind. If you fear the wind when it's hit, you're gonna be missing out on nicer fish. My 2 cents.

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two of us caught our limits two days in a row last week. The average size was about 17 in. Pulled spinners along weed edges in about six feet of water and just put in our time until we found where the fish were each day. First day trolled the same area until we worked up our limits after about 6 hours. Second day we trolled several miles until we finally found a good pocket of fish after about 8 hours. High winds and clear skies made it tougher than it should have been. Only found a few fish in the 15 in. range both days.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Worst fishing summer I've ever seen on Devils . 3 problems that need to be fixed . Water - need more . Year round pressure - need to close season in spring in feeder lakes . Slot limit - need one

- - - Updated - - -

If u like 8-10" walleyes then it's great . According to Devils lake tourism it's red hot right now . That couldn't be further from the truth . I'm heading out to sakakawea next two weekend to catch some fish over 12"

Not sure if serious, or trolling... well done

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm serious . The pressure on the lake is unreal. The fishing is crap . 6-8 hours for a two man limit ? That's awful ... 6-10 years ago was the peak . As the water has gone down fishing has dropped off . There's plenty of 8-11" fish but it's not as good as it was . If you think it is then u must be a guide or work for Devils lake tourism .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49