Dog Bed question

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone have experience with K9 ballistics dog beds? looks like a 3 month warranty. I have a young shepherd that rips apart every bed we've tried so far.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me too. Need a Kevlar bed

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. Need a Kevlar bed

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Male or female? Female tend to rip and tear to make a nest, more so when they come into heat. My 4 year old lab sleeps on hard plastic because what ever we put in her kennel is bits and pieces as soon as we leave.

GSP22366

Common problem. I took the fun out of it- thrift store blankets cut into 8x10 chunks. She still plays with them, but I feel better knowing she has some bedding in the box.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
My vizsla use to do the same thing until she got free run of the house. I went to menards and bought a bunch of 1.50$ blankets and would give her a new one every week.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Male or female? Female tend to rip and tear to make a nest, more so when they come into heat. My 4 year old lab sleeps on hard plastic because what ever we put in her kennel is bits and pieces as soon as we leave.

female not quite 8 months. I made a hell of a nice insulated kennel and whenever I try to put something in it soft for her to lay on she pulls it out of the kennel, out of a shed the kennel is in, then shreds it. Part of me wants to say you dumbass fine lay on the hard floor but the other part feels bad when it gets cold here...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
My current GSP and the Weim that used to live with me were tough on beds/blankets. So they went a while without.

And now the GSP (the one I still have) kicks blankets and beds out of his crate and into his pen. I actually have to tell the SOB to go lay on his pillow when he has muddy feet, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Point is, don't feel bad about letting them sleep on plastic. They will eventually figure it out.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
good Lord.... Royce is getting a treat this morning

the only thing he shreds is cardboard boxes (when we give them to him he knows he has permission) and his stuffed toys

I honestly can’t say whether or not I could own a destructive dog - that would be a real dilemma emotionally

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My female vizsla kind of grew out of shredding beds...and furniture. The new male has a vendetta against beds. We picked up three at garage sales this fall. I’m into them for around $10 total.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the same problem with the GPS, Weim, and boxer, My son brought down a Kong bed and done, been a year now and it is still intact. Don't know if they figured out that it's theirs or if the damn thing is indestructible. The old blankets in the dog house and kennel get drug out all the time but not shredded

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought their crate pad and it’s worked great. My lab destroyed the first couple beds I tried giving him. He has had it for close to a year.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just bought cheap blankets or kids sleeping bags at thrift stores, they eventually got torn to shreds. Now my springers sleep number is 55.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
My 135 lb rot was a terror early in her years tearing,shredding and chewing up everything including vinyl flooring, door trim, wood table,chairs and even sheet rock as she got a little older she progressed to tearing and shredding her blankets until she was 4 she is now 6 years old content with her large kong bed, she outgrow her bad habits thank GOD.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 38