Dog booties

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have experience with these Ufanore dog booties on thier dogs? Reviews look good for STAYING ON and keeping snow, ice, etc from paws. Shamed the dog once by having her wear those cutesy knit ones that a niece made for our dog just to say...yes, we use them all the time on our dog. They are so cute and work so well..lol..well in reality those god d#%# knit booties last like for one use before falling off being too loose or what not.
Anywhoooo.. anybody try this brand that care to give a review? good or bad. Or some other brand? Last thing i want to do is spend $20-$25 damn dollars for booties that aren't worth a shit. Springer Spaniel likes to join me out in the fish house so looking for something good for snow/ice and romping around in fields so she doesnt keep chewing the snow and ice from her paws.

QUMY Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Dogs with Reflective Strips Rugged Anti-Slip Sole Black 4PCS

cache.php

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skip the boots. Trim the hair between the toes so ice balls can't form, and start using Musher's Secret. That way their friends won't make fun of them for wearing booties

rapala_09

Honored Member
I agree with Fly Carpin. Use musher's secret and leave the booties in the store. It also helps keep their pads from cracking and heals pads that are already cracked. It's good stuff.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with Fly Carpin. Use musher's secret and leave the booties in the store. It also helps keep their pads from cracking and heals pads that are already cracked. It's good stuff.

yep

and when they do ball up, and you forgot your pliers, and you chew the ice balls out with your teeth, it moistens your chapped lips

ask Royce and I how we know

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skip the boots. Trim the hair between the toes so ice balls can't form, and start using Musher's Secret. That way their friends won't make fun of them for wearing booties

My wife's cousins are sled dog mushers and use booties during races and training runs in special situations so i don't feel too embarrassed trying some if they work. haha

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our German Shepards and Labs didn't like them and wouldn't wear them.
We also had a Shih Tzu and she didn't like them but would wear them. First few times every season she would be high stepping and it was funny. Then she would be like she had 4x4 with chains and went plowing through the snow. Funny as heck until she threw a shoe, then she would lock up with that patty raised until i would put the shoe back on her. Before going out and coming back in she would lay on the floor on her back waiting for us to put her shoes on or take them off. Miss those dogs!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tried them on my wifes mini Doxy. Poor dog tried to walk with out touching the ground, So so funny.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed,funny as hell the first time out with booties,we use leather type when we hunt southern nebraska/kansas damn pear cactus.,these days late season roosters,I use spray "pam" and trim the pad hair some but not to much otherwise the inside toe's will rub raw,pup's need the hair to reduce frictions wilst on the move for long periods in the field.

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I don't have any experience with those boots, I have tried a few and none of them work, dogs take them off. I use mushers secret which my vet in Brandon turned me onto. It is a salve you rub into the pads and it works great, here is site if you wish to get some. I start putting it on my lab when switch to hunting cattails for pheasants and it seems to help her from that too. Hug that hound!

https://musherssecret.net

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93