Dog Conditioning

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My GSP gets an hour walk/run every single day. He will whine like a school girl when he hears me come home if I don't immediately take him in the pickup to the gravel road that he loves to find birds on. Of course he is exercising the road as I drive my pickup slowly to the other end and back... Turns out its easier to eat a bag of chips and watch him run..haha

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_6984.jpg

My bird dog conditioning

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know, the Red River is less than a block from my house. I wish it didn't seem like such a death trap. It would be great to get the dogs down there every night for a swim.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good reminder to also, if you use an e- collar, to get that thing back on your dog and work with them before first hunt. Get them back in the ,we are out here on business mode, haha. I know personally that during the summer, I don't put it on her all the time when I am out and about so have to get back in the mode of making sure I have it on her. She does fine as I rarely have to use...mostly just vibration mode, but it is nice to have it on her just the same.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will be the first hunting season in over a decade that my favorite hunting pal will not be able to partake in chasing feathered critters. The arthritis in my labs hips has become terrible and he just won’t be able to hunt this year and has been officially retired to a house dog. Just plain sucks as he still has the spirit, but his body just won’t be able to take it. Going to be tough when he sees the gun and can’t come with. My favorite part about bird hunting is watching and working with the dog. Sigh…:(
IMG_20180412_095901135.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg
The ol boy got a rooster today. Proud dog dad moment! He was riding with me today and after a few walks without the dog I had to just let him out for a short walk and sniff around. Wasn't expecting to get one, just wanted him to feel like he was hunting again haha. He flushed one right before we got back to truck and I thankfully didn't miss. Still got it in him except for them damn hips.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33