Drury buck

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer farming would be fun - but there’s sort of a golden calf element to trophy deer production that is unsettling and unattractive.

If naturally occurring that deer would be fantastic - but when one knows it’s not it somehow taints it.

Strange.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer farming would be fun - but there’s sort of a golden calf element to trophy deer production that is unsettling and unattractive.

If naturally occurring that deer would be fantastic - but when one knows it’s not it somehow taints it.

Strange.
I did not see in the article where this was a farm raised deer. Did I miss something? Otherwise I would not have posted it. https://www.druryoutdoors.com/#:~:t...n,the right place. 100% WILD. 100% FAIR CHASE.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not see in the article where this was a farm raised deer. Did I miss something? Otherwise I would not have posted it.
I am not saying it was “farmed” necessarily - but for an outdoor celeb to harvest something like that I suspect it’s not naturally produced…. it had a lot of help of some sort. I could be totally wrong in my suspicions - but the fact I now have to be suspicious is another consequence of trophy deer farming/management as a whole.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not saying it was “farmed” necessarily - but for an outdoor celeb to harvest something like that I suspect it’s not naturally produced…. it had a lot of help of some sort. I could be totally wrong in my suspicions - but the fact I now have to be suspicious is another consequence of trophy deer farming/management as a whole.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Right, I too am not saying it was raised in a high fence and sold to the top bidder, instead what I am saying is that they have exclusive enough access and control over a large enough chunk of land to as they suggested, continue passing on this animal until this year.

I generally hunt where I don't have exclusive access, and that includes public land, my own land, and my family's land. Plus, I don't ever say "there's a given buck frequenting the place that I don't want you to shoot' when I grant access. Hence, my saying I can't raise a deer by not only my passing on him year in and year out. To do that I would have to also restrict access to said deer from friends who I have given permission to hunt.

Just not how I operate.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
These guys are trophy hunters and manage it as such. Hats off to them for having the resources and also the PATIENCE to let deer grow to full maturity.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
What they are all saying is that they most likely feed the hell out of it with some type of crazy nutrients that helps deer grow like this. To each their own. If I had money I'd buy my own piece of heaven and prob do the same.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What they are all saying is that they most likely feed the hell out of it with some type of crazy nutrients that helps deer grow like this. To each their own. If I had money I'd buy my own piece of heaven and prob do the same.
Iffn I had money I wouldn't be on here yick yakking with you homo's

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
These guys are trophy hunters and manage it as such. Hats off to them for having the resources and also the PATIENCE to let deer grow to full maturity.
Yep.

It's thier passion. Apparently they have time/$ to follow that.
Good for them.

Some buy 100,000$ boats to go catch fish, some spend shit loads golfing:sick:.

Some......,

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93