Early goose season

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_7974.JPG

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shot my first goose in 91. Was one goose a day and it was a big deal back then. I remember when my dad used to get a tag to shoot one a year. After that winter of 97 and all the new water is when I remember them just exploding in population
Same here. Think it was '91 also. Got a double from a flock. Pretty much celebrated all day. Think you couldn't hunt geese after 12 0'clock if I remember?? That to a dozen yrs ago we were shooting 200+ a year. Now, it's slowly going down again.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here. Think it was '91 also. Got a double from a flock. Pretty much celebrated all day. Think you couldn't hunt geese after 12 0'clock if I remember?? That to a dozen yrs ago we were shooting 200+ a year. Now, it's slowly going down again.
Yep and I think certain days you could not hunt them at all. I was sitting on the big hill by the big stone power plant . I heard they run all the geese off there now but I spent a lot of days freezing my ass off sitting all day to shoot a goose up there. Makes you appreciate good clothes and field hunting now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84