Early goose season

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
In standing beans. That's about it. Just saw the first few fields of grains coming down yesterday. So I think it'll be a bit.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have seen a couple in winter wheat down here. Going to be in fargo running a test opening weekend then its on. Getting the itch should be a good year i think

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just drove Bismarck to Pick City, 1 field being combined by riverdale but otherwise no sign of harvest. Most fields looked ripe though so imagine there’ll be a fair amount off by the 15th

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wheat fields still tinged with green in my neck of the woods. It will be awhile before harvesting I think.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friends and I are ready, new grass etc... on blinds guns shined up and plenty of Ammo. Don't know what to think but it is always great to be outdoors. Dogs seem like they know what is going on too.
Down fall good shells $35 to $55 damn box asshole government.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was bored last weekend so I got the a frame out and put a base layer on it. letting it dry down in the yard
a frame.jpg

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In 1998 we were building green willow blinds up in Canada for waterfowl hunting. 3 or 4 yrs later everyone was in layout blinds. Now everyone is going with the the panel blinds again.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 1998 we were building green willow blinds up in Canada for waterfowl hunting. 3 or 4 yrs later everyone was in layout blinds. Now everyone is going with the the panel blinds again.
The old guys with the buckets and the tweed jackets are laughing at both the A Frames and Layout blinds ;)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know where i really like the a frame is when it is ass cold out and you can put a heater in it. The guy who started final approach blinds now lives around here. He has some good stories about back in the day waterfowl hunting with people like tim grounds. He hasnt been early season honker hunting so looking forward to getting him out on some of those big boys

870XPRS

Why is that?
Just personal belief and obviously no data to back it up...with the longer early season, I'm most likely wrong and more birds are probably harvested. Can't believe I would say something like this about more hunting, but I just feel like it doesn't give birds time to get comfortable and group up. Seems like it spreads them out much quicker and also I hate mosquitoes and hunting in the heat.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quite a few peas fields off on my drive to van hook last week. Sitting Drinking an adult beverage Saturday evening tells me there is a few flocks feeding already as they return over the cabin from the north at dark

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the hatch was terrible around here this year cause of the long winter and lack of spring. with the exception of the few birds that actually had chicks, the rest have been bunched up all summer and feeding. albeit, in green fields. but, they've been feeding daily.

also, harvest is well underway up here.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw handful of wheat fields off between washburn and riverdale. This is backroads though not the Hwy 83 scout job , checking trail cameras yesterday afternoon

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had goslings all over this year. I was wondering if the late spring would have hurt them but looks better than last year when i was looking around a few weeks ago

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84