What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing Reports
Sakakawea Fishing Reports
East of Sanish
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Bleavittornot" data-source="post: 495067" data-attributes="member: 8503"><p>Thought I’d post on what I’ve been seeing being as most of us act like there’s some secret spots left around the popular ramps. Fished on this past Thursday & Friday evening and went east of the bridge covered water Thursday pulling cranks on leadcore ( only running lead core on 2-3 rods just so I can have the ability to get Small stickbaits down or spoons) a guy can do fine with snap weights too I’m sure. Found most fishing 15-25 more around 20-22 than anywhere, 2-2.8 mph. The majority of the fish I caught were on those spendyass white or silver 5 inch rip and stop deep sinking jerk baits, I tried maybe 20 different crank make/colors/sizes that first night. I think I netted 17 fish that first night. Friday I just went back to where I was catching fish in clusters the night before which was 4 different areas not far apart and was just throwing jerk baits, and I caught a couple on size 9 jraps, caught a bunch of eyes that night all in 12-22. I don’t use ffs, not cause I don’t agree with it or want it but just haven’t been as whiteprivelaged as I’ve been told I am. So there’s that. Sunday went out and fished east of Newtown again with the family and basically caught fish anywhere there wasn’t a crowd of boats and everything g was on those white 5 inch rip&stop deeps in 20-25 feet of water at 2.5 mph. Those 3 together consistently caught all day when other things speeds and depths didn’t. But there was also that ridiculous algae bloom or the lake is flipping already not sure which like I’m sure some of the experts will inform me. Get out and have fun guys there’s fish deeper and I’m sure some shallow ones somewhere. </p><p>Good luck and be nice</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Bleavittornot, post: 495067, member: 8503"] Thought I’d post on what I’ve been seeing being as most of us act like there’s some secret spots left around the popular ramps. Fished on this past Thursday & Friday evening and went east of the bridge covered water Thursday pulling cranks on leadcore ( only running lead core on 2-3 rods just so I can have the ability to get Small stickbaits down or spoons) a guy can do fine with snap weights too I’m sure. Found most fishing 15-25 more around 20-22 than anywhere, 2-2.8 mph. The majority of the fish I caught were on those spendyass white or silver 5 inch rip and stop deep sinking jerk baits, I tried maybe 20 different crank make/colors/sizes that first night. I think I netted 17 fish that first night. Friday I just went back to where I was catching fish in clusters the night before which was 4 different areas not far apart and was just throwing jerk baits, and I caught a couple on size 9 jraps, caught a bunch of eyes that night all in 12-22. I don’t use ffs, not cause I don’t agree with it or want it but just haven’t been as whiteprivelaged as I’ve been told I am. So there’s that. Sunday went out and fished east of Newtown again with the family and basically caught fish anywhere there wasn’t a crowd of boats and everything g was on those white 5 inch rip&stop deeps in 20-25 feet of water at 2.5 mph. Those 3 together consistently caught all day when other things speeds and depths didn’t. But there was also that ridiculous algae bloom or the lake is flipping already not sure which like I’m sure some of the experts will inform me. Get out and have fun guys there’s fish deeper and I’m sure some shallow ones somewhere. Good luck and be nice [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Pheasant opener # 57
Latest: Fritz the Cat
Today at 1:30 PM
What happened to DB-2
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 1:23 PM
M
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: measure-it
Today at 1:18 PM
M
M11 cow moose
Latest: Mhall92
Today at 12:49 PM
ND suppressor laws update?
Latest: Kurtr
Today at 12:38 PM
C
Teachers
Latest: camper
Today at 11:49 AM
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 11:37 AM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 11:24 AM
M
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: measure-it
Today at 10:49 AM
R
migration 26
Latest: riverview
Today at 9:29 AM
This is very sad and wrong
Latest: Zogman
Today at 7:00 AM
Braid To Braid
Latest: risingsun
Today at 4:24 AM
Henry Garden Gun YT
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 7:46 PM
Interesting Look!!!!!
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 6:10 PM
Boys had a heck of a weekend
Latest: Yoby
Yesterday at 11:24 AM
Pronghorn
Latest: PAIN
Yesterday at 11:19 AM
S
ISO - Brittany Pup
Latest: SLE
Yesterday at 10:48 AM
Plainsman, Prairie Ghost, …
Latest: 1bigfokker
Yesterday at 10:14 AM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: Rowdie
Yesterday at 10:00 AM
Cast Iron/New Crisco
Latest: johnr
Yesterday at 9:13 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: johnr
Yesterday at 9:06 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing Reports
Sakakawea Fishing Reports
East of Sanish
Top
Bottom