ISO - Brittany Pup

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Posts
1,294
Likes
496
Points
298
Looking for a Brittany pup. Not in a huge hurry but would like to find one in the next 6-9 months. Ideally a liver and white male but open to others if health and background is good. Needs to first and foremost have solid field traits / pedigree and be socialized well with people and animals.

Any leeds or anyone raising pups, shoot me a pm or reply. Will be going to a hunting home (30-50 days a year in the field and summers at the lake) in a family setting with 6 acres of yard to run and will be in the house and part of the family. Have owned and grown up with brit’s my entire life.

Thanks,
 


BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2015
Posts
2,397
Likes
272
Points
358
Location
Bismarck
Looking for a Brittany pup. Not in a huge hurry but would like to find one in the next 6-9 months. Ideally a liver and white male but open to others if health and background is good. Needs to first and foremost have solid field traits / pedigree and be socialized well with people and animals.

Any leeds or anyone raising pups, shoot me a pm or reply. Will be going to a hunting home (30-50 days a year in the field and summers at the lake) in a family setting with 6 acres of yard to run and will be in the house and part of the family. Have owned and grown up with brit’s my entire life.

Thanks,
Northern Star Brittany's out of Wilton. Lisa Hedstrom. Her pups are in high demand. Check her out.
 

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Posts
1,294
Likes
496
Points
298
Seen them and Coteau Kennels out of Bismarck doing some internet sleuthing. Coteau raising French Brits and Northern Star focusing on American Brits. Have had both, currently have a Liver and White cross between a French and American.
 

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Posts
20,922
Likes
6,450
Points
1,008
Location
Mobridge,Sd
Seen them and Coteau Kennels out of Bismarck doing some internet sleuthing. Coteau raising French Brits and Northern Star focusing on American Brits. Have had both, currently have a Liver and White cross between a French and American.
I have 0 experience with brits but i have run retriever tests using coteau kennels grounds and got to see him working some young dogs on pigeons and from my not really knowing anything perspective they looked like they were pretty hard charging pups and had really good attitudes
 

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Posts
1,294
Likes
496
Points
298
Kurt, curious if it was the same Coteau kennel. when I searched for them for the first time there is a Coteau View Kennel in SD that has pointing labs, and then Coteau Prairie Kennel on the outskirts of Bismarck in Menoken that raises British and Irish Labs, and then of course a third one, the Coteau Kennel that does French Brittany's.
 


Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Posts
20,922
Likes
6,450
Points
1,008
Location
Mobridge,Sd
Kurt, curious if it was the same Coteau kennel. when I searched for them for the first time there is a Coteau View Kennel in SD that has pointing labs, and then Coteau Prairie Kennel on the outskirts of Bismarck in Menoken that raises British and Irish Labs, and then of course a third one, the Coteau Kennel that does French Brittany's.
So i was a little off and messed up dog breeds and kennel names(embarassing). It was Tom Ness's place we were at and i could have swore he was running some brits and they could have been client dogs but he is a springer guy. He might have leads as he is in that world.

https://www.oahekennels.com/

I know the conde sd kennel i have ran with them and dont know the other one with british and irish labs
 

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Posts
1,294
Likes
496
Points
298
Thanks guys. Dogwood Brittany's look great, the 15 hour one way drive, not so much, I'll have to think about that.
 

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Posts
21,171
Likes
5,350
Points
1,158
Location
Here
Get a training collar before you get the pup. X/3.14. They're not born with manners and quickly learn not to obey when out of grabbing range. READ READ READ.

That is all.
 


Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Posts
20,922
Likes
6,450
Points
1,008
Location
Mobridge,Sd
Get a training collar before you get the pup. X/3.14. They're not born with manners and quickly learn not to obey when out of grabbing range. READ READ READ.

That is all.
That’s what a check cord is for collars are not used to teach
 

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Posts
21,171
Likes
5,350
Points
1,158
Location
Here
That’s what a check cord is for collars are not used to teach
No shit?! I check corded the fuck out of Sadie. I guess I should've jerked her guts out her mouth and broke her gd neck: Neighbor affixed a shock collar and she INSTANTY obeyed with the "light sensation in my hand" setting.

I didn't take the hint and watched her get mashed by a gold in color Chevy Suburban during a rare "straight down" blizzard while she chased after her mom on her way to get another refrigerator:

Also, we're talking brits not labs.
 

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Posts
20,922
Likes
6,450
Points
1,008
Location
Mobridge,Sd
No shit?! I check corded the fuck out of Sadie. I guess I should've jerked her guts out her mouth and broke her gd neck: Neighbor affixed a shock collar and she INSTANTY obeyed with the "light sensation in my hand" setting.

I didn't take the hint and watched her get mashed by a gold in color Chevy Suburban during a rare "straight down" blizzard while she chased after her mom on her way to get another refrigerator:

Also, we're talking brits not labs.
A dogs a dog I don’t care if you are talking malinois or Brit or mutt they all learn the same

You don’t teach with a ecollar you re enforce known commands.

There are four quadrants of dog training and only using the negative well you seen the results.
 

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2016
Posts
1,294
Likes
496
Points
298
Guys, I appreciate the responses keeping it at the top of the current topics but training ones dogs can be left to the individual. This aint my first rodeo, I've spent the last 30 years with Brittany's at my side, when I find the right pup, I'll worry about the training. Each dog, there personality, drive, demeanor, softness, and where they fit in the "pack" dictate training methods. You guys worry about your dogs training, I'll worry about mine. training tactics is not what this thread is about.
 

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

  • This month: 75
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
Top Bottom