Electric smoker's...again.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Whatever you do, don't buy this...Lowes exclusive.
Screenshot_20230202_010335_Chrome.jpg

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The reason I have both the Louisiana Grill vertical smoker and the Pit Boss Sportsman 1100 is this thing.
Fire made it's way to the hopper and torched smoker. Read through some reviews, and not really an isolated occurrence. I was looking not so long ago, and still seemed to be selling it. Now is out of stock, so I think the pulled it.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fire made it's way to the hopper and torched smoker. Read through some reviews, and not really an isolated occurrence. I was looking not so long ago, and still seemed to be selling it. Now is out of stock, so I think the pulled it.
This,my pitboss pellet grills....sucked,I had to keep the fire box vacuumed out after each use or risk hopper fire, pitboss temp for good Ole low and slow,wasn't happening, oven was to hot ,lowest setting 175 degrees, cracked the oven open 2"s zero smoke flavor,gave this pos away after 2 year's.

Guy, you are truly the master of gerrymandering rigging and making it look good.

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Out of my league.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine was second use. Fire got into hopper and unplugged it. Emptied pellets (most of them) and called Pitboss. Said they'd had some issues with control panel so we're sending me a new one. Then, asked me if fan was working...said wasn't sure. Had me plug it in to check. Yep...working.
Started smoking from hopper again, so unplugged it. Ignited pellets left in hopper, burned out side window, and started my deck on fire.

Called them back and said I probably didn't need the control panel since the whole smoker was on fire. In the end, got the Louisiana Grill vertical smoker to replace the original. They offered me merchandise to cover deck damage, which I was ready to refuse. Offered the Sportsman 1100, and my first instinct was "why the hell would I want another smoker?"

Then, my testicles took over the negotiation. "Of course you want another smoker, dumbass. You need it."

Responded that my wife would never allow me to accept that deal, as I would surely want to purchase the thermal blanket and a cover. Also mentioned that I would need a grill mat to cover damage to deck until I could replace it. Terms were accepted, and I decided it was likely better than trying to get a cash settlement.

So, I now have 3 smokers.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine was second use. Fire got into hopper and unplugged it. Emptied pellets (most of them) and called Pitboss. Said they'd had some issues with control panel so we're sending me a new one. Then, asked me if fan was working...said wasn't sure. Had me plug it in to check. Yep...working.
Started smoking from hopper again, so unplugged it. Ignited pellets left in hopper, burned out side window, and started my deck on fire.

Called them back and said I probably didn't need the control panel since the whole smoker was on fire. In the end, got the Louisiana Grill vertical smoker to replace the original. They offered me merchandise to cover deck damage, which I was ready to refuse. Offered the Sportsman 1100, and my first instinct was "why the hell would I want another smoker?"

Then, my testicles took over the negotiation. "Of course you want another smoker, dumbass. You need it."

Responded that my wife would never allow me to accept that deal, as I would surely want to purchase the thermal blanket and a cover. Also mentioned that I would need a grill mat to cover damage to deck until I could replace it. Terms were accepted, and I decided it was likely better than trying to get a cash settlement.

So, I now have 3 smokers.
Holy sheep shit P
D. tough deal sounds like good customer service, however if I remember right,pitboss Is a Louisiana grill product,both made in china....sucks the pud.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
You get what you pay for. You guys buy the cheapest junk for pellet grills and then base your opinion of all pellet grills off that junk? 😆

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me just make this bold blanket statement that will draw a long gasp from some...If your pellet grill costs <$1000, it's likely a Chinese POS.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You get what you pay for. You guys buy the cheapest junk for pellet grills and then base your opinion of all pellet grills off that junk? 😆
I think we all know we get what we pay for. Sometimes the budget allows for a $500 smoker but maybe not a $1200 smoker.
I thought the purpose of the thread was to share experiences you've had and warn people about potentially problematic pellet grills. I believe you should expect some limitations with a cheaper unit, but starting on fire wasn't one of the limitations I was willing to accept.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
imho if you are looking for a standup smoker such as a Bradley. Do yourself a favor and go with a masterbilt brand smoker.it will cost you 1/2 of what a Bradley is. You generally get more sq. Footage also. And it tastes the same, if not better. I have mixed feelings on pellets.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going through this entire thread,me thinks I'll just roll with my charcoal weber add a smoke tube for extra smokey goodness.

Interesting points from all,thanx for chiming in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66