Elite 7 HDI Ice Fishing

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got an unused Elite 7 HDI that I'm going to set up for ice fishing this year.

Does anyone else have experience using one on hard water? If so, what are your thoughts?

I've done my research on transducer, settings, and power. However, I'm struggling to find many cases that will work well.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
I have used one for 2 or 3 years. I ram mounted mine to a Genz box also and store in one of the big blue clam bags/cases. I like it a lot better than a traditional flasher.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have an elite set up for ice fishing/fly-in fishing on a genz box, I think I just used the mount it came with for the boat but I guess a ram mount would work too.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
You don’t need the ram mount system as Remm stated. I went with it because i was bouncing it from a boat that I was already using the ram mount on, to the genz pack. It allows for a little more flexibility. I never fished with the elite 7 as my primary flasher. I had it for a backup/loaner, waypoints, and in the wheelhouse in a dead stick hole. I didn’t think it reacted as well to real time like a traditional flasher does. There is a slight delay. Definitely better than nothing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 52