Lottery

Fishinfool

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must be done. I see my dad’s gratis says null-drew lottery license. Guessing results will be out by weekend

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gratis tags are outdated and bullshit.

...popcorn...
1718890194071.png

Tinesdown

Yeah should definitely be this next week. Results are usually posted on a whensday but have seen friday also. Kinda second guessing my first choice this year a ehd/ blue tongue unit 3 years back. But last season had a 1 point draw in a unit that has become posted for the worse since electronic had hard time finding a spot to even get out of the pickup.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah should definitely be this next week. Results are usually posted on a whensday but have seen friday also. Kinda second guessing my first choice this year a ehd/ blue tongue unit 3 years back. But last season had a 1 point draw in a unit that has become posted for the worse since electronic had hard time finding a spot to even get out of the pickup.
There is always that section line to get out of the truck at, "Oh wait, that rancher had his buddy legislator close that last yr 🤔

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Closing a section line should require a vote of the people. After all, WE the 700+k people of the state own each and every one of them.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Closing a section line should require a vote of the people. After all, WE the 700+k people of the state own each and every one of them.
While I agree it should be difficult to close one, we don't own them. The landowner still owns them in most cases and pays taxes on them in most cases. Section lines were established for public travel but do not have public ownership unless said section line is already a part of public land.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Section lines are public land if you hear one going up for closure, show up at the county commissioners meeting and tell them that you may want to drive down that section line at some point. I've done it and it worked, section line stayed open. The farmer was pissed but I am tax paying public just like he is and it's only one against one.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I agree it should be difficult to close one, we don't own them. The landowner still owns them in most cases and pays taxes on them in most cases. Section lines were established for public travel but do not have public ownership unless said section line is already a part of public land.
can I close the sidewalk on the boulevard in front of my house? I pay taxes on that and I actually have to maintain, remove snow and ice myself and pay to replace it if need be. Section lines are public land controlled by the township and are basically a unimproved road from what i've always understood.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually when it says the null/void thing on the gratis deal the lottery has obviously been completed so should be soon that we see results

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What's up with 3F2? Why are there so many leftover? Is it always like this? (I don't pay attention)

No access?

1719239897942.png

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Section lines are public land if you hear one going up for closure, show up at the county commissioners meeting and tell them that you may want to drive down that section line at some point. I've done it and it worked, section line stayed open. The farmer was pissed but I am tax paying public just like he is and it's only one against one.
can I close the sidewalk on the boulevard in front of my house? I pay taxes on that and I actually have to maintain, remove snow and ice myself and pay to replace it if need be. Section lines are public land controlled by the township and are basically a unimproved road from what i've always understood.
Section lines are absolutely NOT public land. The ND century code deems them public highway, which allows public access for 33' on either side of the line. In no way shape or form are they publicly owned land.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah my guess is results will be out sometime Today-Wednesday.
What's up with 3F2? Why are there so many leftover? Is it always like this? (I don't pay attention)

No access?

1719239897942.png
Combination of CWD regulation, not the greatest deer hunting and not near any population centers. I know plenty of people that hunt down there though and yep its a guaranteed white tail buck tag every year. I think of all the pheasant hunting I've done down there and have very rarely seen a decent buck, other than a few river/creek bottom areas that are going to be pretty well posted.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
3F2 has little if any public land and the deer herd in that area was hit hard with blue tongue so deer are scarce, at least on the ranch where I used to hunt.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 200
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70