Eskimo Customer Service

Mizzou21

I decided to post this thread as a thank you to Eskimo for great customer service. Most of the time we only hear the complaints, and never any positives. As a salesperson for a living, that shit drives me crazy! On my last trip to Winnipeg my Eskimo HC40 propane auger was bogging down on the last day and having a hard time finishing holes, which is a total change as I have had awesome luck with it up there the past 2 seasons. I am a converted jiffy propane owner, and have converted 3 jiffy propane auger owners over to Eskimo after these trips with me because they were so impressed with how it started and drilled holes all day while we had 3 jiffy propanes all less than 6 months old laying on the ice out of commission. My auger finally started to smoke at the end and that's when we finally realized it had leaked oil all over hell. The head or case must have cracked probably from the abuse it was taking in the back of the truck due to rough ice conditions this year. I called their customer service and was asked to leave a message. Shawn got back to me within 24 hours and asked me to email issue I was having, date of purchase and place of purchase. Found out the 5 year warranty only applies to Eskimo products purchase after April 2016, kind of misleading as they advertise the hell out of that everywhere. He agreed with me. My auger had a 2 year warranty and was purchased 01/02/15 and I called on 02/07/17. Out of warranty a little over a month. I told him how much I liked their product and that I had bought another hc40 when I got back. He said he had to check with his boss and see what happened, but assured me he would fight for me to get a new powerhead as he felt that was the right thing to do. Well after a week of wondering, his email came today with apologies for taking so long because he had to go through proper channels and manager was on vacation, but told me he was sending me out a brand new powerhead today!! I was pumped and was very grateful for his help, persistence and follow up. I will continue to buy and recommend Eskimo based on this experience.

- - - Updated - - -

And forgot to mention, if any of you guys are handy with fixing stuff or need parts, I have the problem powerhead in my garage if anyone wants to take a shot at fixing it or use for parts. Free of charge of course, just come get it out of my garage!! Thanks

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I totally agree. Had an issue with the clutch on my z71 and it was 4 years old and I hadn't sent in the registration card. Emailed Eskimo about clutch issues and they asked for serial number and then sent out new clutch and clutch drum free of charge. Very impressed and no hassle.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
good to hear! I too love my eskimo auger. is pretty much the surest starting auger ive ever owned.

also good to hear the positive aspects. a bit off subject but vortex optics are also a pleasure to work quick turn around time, no questions asked back there products up.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just sold my HC40 with a 10" bit.... had it for two season and loved it a lot but I wanted to convert to a lighter package for my two foot powered sled.

Trev

I also had great luck with Eskimo customer service. Needed a new gas tank as the grommet was leaking very bad. Of course I didn't fill out the warranty card and was prepared to pay for it. The lady on the phone asked when and where I bought it along with the serial number and said that all matches up let's get this in our system. Needless to say the new parts showed up five days later free of charge.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84