Exploding Targets at the Rifle Range

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to the Casselton range this morning (thank you Cass County Wildlife Club!) For the 2nd consecutive trip to the range some numbskull has left an exploding target at the 25 yd berm. Don't get me wrong, I love explosions as much as the next guy, but 25 yds away from a firing line full of unsuspecting people? Somebody is going to get hurt. Not to mention they all look over at me like, "what the $&@# are you thinking?!?!" as if I was the one who put it out there.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you mean they put it there and left? And only 25 yards away. :confused:��

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you mean they put it there and left? And only 25 yards away. :confused:��
yes. There's all kinds of soda bottles, cans, boxes and other garbage strewn about the 25yd berm. I'd just sighted in a gun and was plinking pieces of garbage when one of them exploded. AGAIN.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes. There's all kinds of soda bottles, cans, boxes and other garbage strewn about the 25yd berm. I'd just sighted in a gun and was plinking pieces of garbage when one of them exploded. AGAIN.

I avoid that range like the plague. people use it as a dump and there's far too many mall ninjas that shoot there. I've literally felt unsafe.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I avoid that range like the plague. people use it as a dump and there's far too many mall ninjas that shoot there. I've literally felt unsafe.
MALL NINJA?!?!? I'll have you know I own some of the nicest guns ever seen on YouTube. The awesomeness of my gun collection can be measured in direct proportion to the popularity of each model's Airsoft replica. All of my internet friends are so jealous that I'm able to own the real thing when they can't because they live in Canada, don't have a job, live in California, or are in high school. Wags, I think you're just jealous. Mall Ninjas need a place to shoot too. I bet you don't even operate.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I don't think he was calling you a mall ninja bud. I believe he was refering to the same people you were. People that leaves explosives at 25 yds out and such ...

Reign it in. No need for that type of direct hostility here.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think he was calling you a mall ninja bud. I believe he was refering to the same people you were. People that leaves explosives at 25 yds out and such ...

Reign it in. No need for that type of direct hostility here.

Just having fun with a bit of self-deprecating sarcasm ;-)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The use of the term "Mall Ninja" got me to thinking. Where did the term come from? A good many of us have used the term or have a loose understanding of it's meaning, but how many know it's origins? If you're a student of history or, if you want to laugh 'til you cry, follow the link: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

You're welcome, and I'm sorry.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s really too bad that it’s free to shoot there. Even a small fee would probably reduce the duche-baggery to some extent. People literally take their junk from home, shoot it, and leave it there. Seeing all that litter / junk laying around makes me want to punch something. In the past I’ve spent some time picking it up (morning, weekdays when there’s no one else there) but have since given up.

I’ve moved to the indoor range in Fargo (http://rrrmc.com/) and love it. $200 to shoot for a year (which includes the handgun range as well) is really not bad. Maybe not ideal for “plinking”, but for working up hand-loads, it’s the cats-ass.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grew up with 3 public ranges within 30min of driving. Been in Fargo for 15yrs now and I can absolutely see the appeal of a private place to shoot.

The ONLY time to go to Casselton is if you can get there before the sun is up and be gone before the idjuts start to wake up.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
MALL NINJA?!?!? I'll have you know I own some of the nicest guns ever seen on YouTube. The awesomeness of my gun collection can be measured in direct proportion to the popularity of each model's Airsoft replica. All of my internet friends are so jealous that I'm able to own the real thing when they can't because they live in Canada, don't have a job, live in California, or are in high school. Wags, I think you're just jealous. Mall Ninjas need a place to shoot too. I bet you don't even operate.

I operate in the most extreme operations.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

This may be the greatest thing ever posted on the Interwebs. I'm speechless. Pulled this gem for huntorride: "I was armed with a Glock17 (one of the first into the country, given to me by Gaston Glock personally in honor of my former black-ops experiences)"

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The use of the term "Mall Ninja" got me to thinking. Where did the term come from? A good many of us have used the term or have a loose understanding of it's meaning, but how many know it's origins? If you're a student of history or, if you want to laugh 'til you cry, follow the link: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

You're welcome, and I'm sorry.

I owe you a beer for this. Or some type of smoked meat. My life will never be the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75