F Under Armour

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should not have passed up the opportunity to keep their mouth shut. I hope anyone who hunts never buys another piece of their clothing. I hope that hits them hard. Somehow sportsmen need to find good ways to flex their muscle as the world tries to crap on us.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm kinda glad the good lord made me so fluffy that Under Armor gear won't fit me.... I've never bought any of their gear and never will.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It needed a spearing to kill it...?

This is such a damn shame.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spearing it is not the problem acting like a fricken moron afterwards is what did him in.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not leaning one way or the other, but why did he think it was ok to spear it?

Sounds like he trained for this hunt. Not to mention he is a javelin thrower. All I can say he is probably more prepared then most bow hunters that I see going out every fall

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm running out of companies I can support with my money. Not that I had a lot of UA stuff to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, I hear anti hunters say all the time that I should only hunt with my bare hands to make it fair. This guy does as close to that as a person can and they still bitch.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not leaning one way or the other, but why did he think it was ok to spear it?

I believe it is legal where he is at to spear them, and supposedly practiced a lot with the spear. To me it isn't about the weapon he used although it sounds like the bear was killed ethically, it is the fact that as hunters our voice is getting smaller compared to the anti's and a big company like under armour which has a hunting line and sponsors hunters gave in to the noise/pressure. If they can't stand up and say it was a legal and ethical kill/hunt no matter the weapon I will not support them.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is not about the kill it is about having some class and not acting a fool like some good rat that just scorded a touch down In. A pre season. Foot ball game.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't Jared Allen spear a deer at some point or at least try? It is early, I might be making this up.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
someone best inform the neanderthals that they were wrong to spear everything from mammoths to baby seals... just saying all these fucks say they want hunters to make it a "fair fight" and to kill animals with your bare hands... well the next step from a spear is chucking a rock... guess my clothing choices just got narrowed and here I come first lite

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we as sportsman need to understand where the criticism comes from. We are becoming the minority more and more every year. I personally would not spear an animal but I get that someone might want to. But when the general public who is not involved with outdoor activities at all sees such a thing, its not hard to imagine the backlash at taking down an animal that way.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They should not have passed up the opportunity to keep their mouth shut. I hope anyone who hunts never buys another piece of their clothing. I hope that hits them hard. Somehow sportsmen need to find good ways to flex their muscle as the world tries to crap on us.

Was thinking the same thing. Was there so much visibility of UA in the video that anyone watched it and then was offended to the point of "I'm not buying anymore UA, they sponsored a bear hint with a spear." Maybe it's because I rarely pay attention to ads but if I was the CEO of UA I would have just moved along and not responded to either side and let it blow over.

Baffles me how easily people are offended these days. How do today's comedians make a living without offending someone? What do they use for material?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 35