Favorite walleye plastics?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't catch weeds on walleye assassins. I stick with everything else. My two Berkeley bags are filled to the brim.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
c4_plastic_explosive_by_crafter08-d2z067k.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That C4 is past it's prime. 18 years old. Sweaty..

Plastics in green and orange seem to fool a fish every now and again.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
When u guys are pitching jigs with plastics do you still tip with a minnow ? I cant seem to ditch the live bait and always tip but sometimes seems like a fairly large offering

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
When u guys are pitching jigs with plastics do you still tip with a minnow ? I cant seem to ditch the live bait and always tip but sometimes seems like a fairly large offering

Never for me. If I am using a minnow on a jig it is on a plain jig..no plastics, more of a vertical thing. Your plastic is imparting the action by what you are doing on your retrieve. Most do well on a slow steady retrieve. Throw a few pauses in there and you should be good . If you want scent on it by all means dip it in some gulp juice, mixture of smashed minnow chum, whatever. Most of the good plastics already have built-in sent that works

Last edited:

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
AuthentX Moxie or Pulse-R. I have been slaying the fish with that plastic. Normally I use Walleye/Bass/Salt water assassins, but I haven't used one yet this year do to AuthentX working so well. Best colors for me (lake depending) Fire Cracker, Chartreuse Green Core, Stewarts Pro Blue, and Purple White Core

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sizmic Frogs over nearly surfaced weeds in late summer through fall on a big hook rigged weedless.

Mizzou21

Zoom, but only in the fluke body style. I love to pitch jigs and rarely will I ever buy live bait. Baby Bass was my go to in the past, but the last year plus Sungill has become my new favorite. Have not seen it locally in the Fluke body, so have to order it online. Works all year on the river and smaller lakes. Have also caught a ton of fish on the big lake with zoom, but there watermelon seed seems to have the edge. Will give Sungill a legit chance to take over in the next couple weeks.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have done well this fall on eyes in small rivers with 3" yum smoke/silver flake tails (for some reason mr twister doesn't make this color. IMO this color is the best imitator of fathead minnows) and 3" black mr twisters. Also caught a couple on 4'' moxies in chartreuse. After reading this thread I bought 4 packs of walleye assassins in different colors but have yet to catch a fish on one

Last edited:

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use 95% plastics no matter the season #1 white 3" twister tail #2 3" black and white minnow #3 red 3" twister tail #4 3" black and white twistertail I have a ton of other plastics and have used them extensively but if those four aren't working nothing seems to. I've been using paddletails about 50% of the time lately but just can't get a bite on them not sure what it is. after a couple passes I always put same colored twistertail on and start hooking up.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zoom paddle tails have way better action than Walleye Assasin.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88