Fencing recommendations

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at having about 50' of 6' dog eared type fencing installed. Anyone have suggestions who I could contact that would be interested in this type of small job? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do it yourself, it's not that hard. Just make sure to seal the wood with something 1st or it will warp n look like shit!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Before you go buy a bunch of wood I'd look at some composites. Some of them are pretty nice and when done, no or minimal maintenance. Wood can look nice but to keep the look you will need to paint or stain often. Most stains are recommended to be reapplied every 5 or less years. Some enjoy painting, I don't mind (but don't like) a bigger flat surface but single boards or spindles drive me bananas. Have tried various spray-painters but have never found one I like for today's thicker paints and several stains. If someone has a suggestion, feef free to add that in.
Composites are more expensive but no maintenance or curved and warping boards. Treated lumber will have some of each.

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
Before you go buy a bunch of wood I'd look at some composites. Some of them are pretty nice and when done, no or minimal maintenance. Wood can look nice but to keep the look you will need to paint or stain often. Most stains are recommended to be reapplied every 5 or less years. Some enjoy painting, I don't mind (but don't like) a bigger flat surface but single boards or spindles drive me bananas. Have tried various spray-painters but have never found one I like for today's thicker paints and several stains. If someone has a suggestion, feef free to add that in.
Composites are more expensive but no maintenance or curved and warping boards. Treated lumber will have some of each.
Alright, thanks for the insight! Thumbs Up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 53