Snow to Snowmobile

Bossman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the Horace area but see the Eastern part of SD is getting some nice snow today/tomorrow. I was thinking of taking the sleds down in that area this weekend but have never ridden down there and wondering if anyone has any preferences on trails? I have been looking at this site(link below) and I'm willing to drive to the Watertown area to get the sleds some miles....Any feedback would be appreciated

https://sdgfp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=41bdbd09260942c5bf61d6ea64f9fa1f

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the Horace area but see the Eastern part of SD is getting some nice snow today/tomorrow. I was thinking of taking the sleds down in that area this weekend but have never ridden down there and wondering if anyone has any preferences on trails? I have been looking at this site(link below) and I'm willing to drive to the Watertown area to get the sleds some miles....Any feedback would be appreciated

https://sdgfp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=41bdbd09260942c5bf61d6ea64f9fa1f
Just talked to my dad in watertown and they have an inch if that. I grew up banging ditches around there. I used to ride from watertown all around poinsett . He said not enough snow to ride on unless you want to wreck alot of shit

Bossman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just talked to my dad in watertown and they have an inch if that. I grew up banging ditches around there. I used to ride from watertown all around poinsett . He said not enough snow to ride on unless you want to wreck alot of shit
Well shucks...NWS was stating some potential larger amounts this morning around that area after this system..Thanks for the info..

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been tough year Big Horns or north Cody Wyoming is so-so some go into Canada. I gave that up ten years ago, put follow some younger friends I use to take out when I lived in Montana.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Island park & West getting snow now and got wacked last week, I’m guessing it’s going to be pretty good this week and on out there. Otherwise it’s Jackson WY or Colorado. Bighorns are not good and just about nothing from there all the way to Michigan.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
you just have to ride to get up to the snow ---- 9k you have snow up to my @ss. Dont get off the sled either --- when your old its like falling out of your boat with no ladder. No country for old men. Give me a calvert and a bottle of o2

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
you just have to ride to get up to the snow ---- 9k you have snow up to my @ss. Dont get off the sled either --- when your old its like falling out of your boat with no ladder. No country for old men. Give me a calvert and a bottle of o2
Hahaha, well said.

Bossman

Founding Member
Founding Member
All right, we got a few inches depending on where you are after this one. For everyone north of Fargo out in the Harwood Hillsboro area how’s it looking to take the machines out tomorrow for a rip?

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All right, we got a few inches depending on where you are after this one. For everyone north of Fargo out in the Harwood Hillsboro area how’s it looking to take the machines out tomorrow for a rip?

On 3-5” of snow????? I suppose you can find a wind blown east/west ditch if you try.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
IDK, sure looks thin with a lot of grass sticking out on the Hilsboro DOT camera? I wouldn't ride my sleds on that but then again I don't like fixing shit either.

1709143989470.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88