Fishing must be good here!

NodakBob

★ Legendary Member
From the nd game and fish prohibited boating regulations:
No person may operate a motorboat or vessel within 100 feet of a person fishing from a shoreline, swimmer, swimming/diving raft, or an occupied, anchored or nonmotorized vessel, or within 250 feet of a reduced speed or slow or no-wake sign at greater than slow or no-wake speed.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No person may operate a motorboat or vessel within 100 feet of a person fishing from a shoreline, swimmer, swimming/diving raft, or an occupied, anchored or nonmotorized vessel, or within 250 feet of a reduced speed or slow or no-wake sign at greater than slow or no-wake speed.
So if you are in a boat it says nothing about being 100 ft while fishing in another boat

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend that likes to hone in on people if he sees them catching fish. Personally I think it is embarrassing as hell and won't even put my line in the water until away from them. Have told him many times and says he just wants to see what there doing and using.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
occupied, anchored or nonmotorized vessel,

so if its occupied and trolling one need to stay a 100ft away. Really

Last edited:

dblkluk

★★★★ Legendary Member
This has nothing to do with staying 100 feet away from another boat while fishing. It simply means you cant be closer than 100 feet to them while going faster than "no wake" speed.

Greenhorn

★ Legendary Member
I agree no one owns the water. It is frustrating though. I grew up in Minnesota and had never experienced the kind of oblivious crowding I see here. I got my line caught in the prop while fishing Sak and was drifting aimlessly in 65ft of water trying to get it untangled and a guy pulls up 20ft away and starts fishing as if we were on a hotspot.
I’m a friendly guy, so will normally get over it if you just say hi or talk for a sec.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree no one owns the water. It is frustrating though. I grew up in Minnesota and had never experienced the kind of oblivious crowding I see here. I got my line caught in the prop while fishing Sak and was drifting aimlessly in 65ft of water trying to get it untangled and a guy pulls up 20ft away and starts fishing as if we were on a hotspot.
I’m a friendly guy, so will normally get over it if you just say hi or talk for a sec.
That's strange. Growing up and fishing a lot in Mobridge we were always crowded by boats from MN. Man do u have stories. OAHE is huge. I've been out and been THE ONLY boar in sight. Next a boat in the distance starts coming and wouldn't you know it, they come right next to us....MN boat most every time

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend that likes to hone in on people if he sees them catching fish. Personally I think it is embarrassing as hell and won't even put my line in the water until away from them. Have told him many times and says he just wants to see what there doing and using.
We call them Blue Platers.

Catch anything, and there they are.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep the few times i fished in Minn people were on you like stink on shit. Out here its always minn people watching and following

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's cuz they are all in the Dakotas snagging lines.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDK -- but when i was up at Devils and Sak-- the sotas always went early. They generally were with other blue plates (or white cheese). The worse imo --- were the nodaks along with few guides (in sak).

one learns to not get the net out unless if needed -- pull them up via the transom. if you need the net you keep it low. If its a biggen your spot is compromised as you just dont have any other way to do net it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I net phantom fish on occasion for entertainment purposes
In my younger days when we were just out drinking on the boat we would be in the middle of the lake get the net out and cheer a bunch to see how many people we could get around us. Didn’t even have a pile out took them a while to notice.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 17