Fishing spots around Minot?

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
I have to to a run to Minot today so I wanted to check out the fishing piers and any other spots allowed for fishing this morning. I've looked at the spots in Roosevelt park and the Sportsmans pond at the fairgrounds, but are there any other fishing spots in town? Either fishing piers or just known areas that we can fish at? I thought it would be handy for the days i have to be in town for hours and had time to "waste" fishing lol Any information would be helpful, thanks again guys.
-Mohammad (JK obviously) :ROFLMAO:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trouble with the Mighty Mouse is she’s pretty weedy/mossy out from the sides 6 feet or more

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Trouble with the Mighty Mouse is she’s pretty weedy/mossy out from the sides 6 feet or more
Yeah, I swung by another pier this morning across from the water treatment plant. It looked pretty weedy, but my favorite fishing spot is the same way so I'm kind of used to it. Im stuck in Minot for hours on Thursday so I think I'm just going to take my tackle with me and try that place out while I have the time. I picked up some new stuff today so might as well try it out.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roosevelt Park has good access below a coffer dam. Good luck. I've NEVER caught a fish there.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Yeaahhh. It looks like it's a cozy little spot but I'm curious on just how often it is people catch anything in town. I was talking with the husband about it and he suggested me just drive out north and swing around to Lake Darling lol I'd get less fishing time in that way, but would probably have better luck than in town.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You need a boat.. even a small boat, that is if you want to qualify as a fisher person…lol

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
You need a boat.. even a small boat, that is if you want to qualify as a fisher person…lol
lmao fisher person. No, I do not have the means for a boat nor anything to pull one. Let alone the fucking patience or time it takes to take care of one and store it. My neighbors boat cover tatters every strong storm and flutters around so much, I'm surprised it hasn't flown off by now lol No boat. Hence the *shoreline* question and forum.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Figured you to be a minivan chick..lol A 14’ footer would fit behind your mini.. or are you driving a Honda fit? :p I’m just messin with ya, take a drive to devils. The shore fishing can be outstanding in the evening, bring the hubby.. teach him how to filet fish.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Figured you to be a minivan chick..lol A 14’ footer would fit behind your mini.. or are you driving a Honda fit? :p I’m just messin with ya, take a drive to devils. The shore fishing can be outstanding in the evening, bring the hubby.. teach him how to filet fish.
lol no, I drive an equally mom car of an equinox. Thankfully only two kids, no need for a mini van. And last time I took that man fishing, he lost two of my spoon lures in an hour when I warned him it was easy to snag. Soooooo....ya. He did fillet and clean the pike I did bring home before that though.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to catch some eyes learn how to make your own lindy rigs with slip egg weights, with a swivel barrels and a leach hooked through the sucker.
Just cast out past the weeds and wait, the best time for eyeballs is evening or early morning bites.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
If you want to catch some eyes learn how to make your own lindy rigs with slip egg weights, with a swivel barrels and a leach hooked through the sucker.
Just cast out past the weeds and wait, the best time for eyeballs is evening or early morning bites.
anndddd now I'm going to google all of that lol

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good deal. Yeah, I'm telling you a TR worm in grass/etc is your friend. The wire leader should be plenty of weight from the bank. 7/7.5in is good all around. Strictly pike: Don't be afraid of 10 or 12in. You'll need 3/4/0 and 5/0 hooks for the 10+ baits. Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp offsets are fine for the job.

If you're using 20lb mono; I'd suggest a weight applied in the middle of the wire.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
anndddd now I'm going to google all of that lol
Yep the lindy rigs is the go to for walleye fishing and super easy to make your own with all kinds of color combos, use floats, bbs (reds, orange,.silver gold, whites) use a red hook on the smaller side for leaches.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Sounds like I should just rig up one pole for each. I got the tackle for both now though. I'll try out the texas rig on Thursday and the carolina or lindy on the next. Leeches are a pain in the ass but I can handle those fine. Thanks for all the info guys! It's very helpful!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's all i have ever used for eyeballs, the color combo is what attracts the fish. Just cast out and reel in every few minutes keeping the bait moving off the bottom.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 60
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 18