Fleet Farm

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in there in August and could not find a fly swatter. Store worker confirmed there were none. Menards had a hundred of them in 2 different styles and 4 different colors.

I don't know if it's still this way, but years ago, I was looking for a specific fishing lure. They were out. I asked the guy if they would get more, and he said they pretty much get an allotment of fishing stuff in the spring, and when it's gone, it's gone till next year. I was dumbfounded. You mean to tell me that you have stuff that is popular enough that you sell all of them, and you don't even attempt to get more?
I would guess that the fishing department is given a budget of X dollars. Once that budget is spent, then they have no more buying power.

Gives a LOT of room for error, if the person who does their buying, does not fish local waters.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in there in August and could not find a fly swatter. Store worker confirmed there were none. Menards had a hundred of them in 2 different styles and 4 different colors.

I don't know if it's still this way, but years ago, I was looking for a specific fishing lure. They were out. I asked the guy if they would get more, and he said they pretty much get an allotment of fishing stuff in the spring, and when it's gone, it's gone till next year. I was dumbfounded. You mean to tell me that you have stuff that is popular enough that you sell all of them, and you don't even attempt to get more?
Thats your corporate buyer strategy department I tell ya, dumb as hell. who in the fudge just buys a specific product once a year, then if it sells out, don't reorder till next year..thats a fine stupid plan..not. Get this, just a few weeks back, looking at the inventory level of garages door between Williston and Minot Menards, Minot had 11 of 9x8 door in stock...willyville had 0. I went to the building material counter in Williston and ask if they if could order a door that was in stock in Minot and have them ship it to the Williston store.......NO....so I said you sure don't give a shit about customer service....and he says its the way the company operates saying, lack of storage room, etc etc, each store suppose to manage their own stock inventory wtf...its the same organization, so each store is managed differently? And don't give a hoot to help other stores/customers out??? Had to drive to Minot to the door. Its bad boys

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am always frustrated by Fleet Farm moving their inventory around in the store. Nothing stays in one place for more than a couple of weeks. Good luck finding where the new spot is as they have fired the majority of their full time employees. Their inventory has increased a little bit in the last couple of months. Some of their shelf stocking methods amaze me. For example where do you stock sand paper. Well there is some in the tool department. And there is some in the automotive department and you can also sometimes find some in the paint department. Same thing with v-belts. Three different spots in the store but never the right size that you need. Why do I keep going back there. ??

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LOL, I am pretty sure that won't even bring in the older high school students. The fastfood joints are offering more than that with hiring bonuses.
Most fast food places here have $15-$18 starting on their signs. Unreal. And practically none of them have enough employees to have the inside open, only drive thru. There's also a dispensary running a radio ad that they're starting at $20 an hour and if a person makes it a month without calling in and missing work, they will get a $5 raise and a bonus at the end of the first month.

I would've killed for that stuff in college! I thought I was raking it in as a sports ref and had to deal with a continuous stream of assholes. $25 an hour to sell to the most laid-back crowd on earth would've been the exact opposite! I think that's about what we got paid to do drive sugar beet trucks and operate machinery and we lived like kings drinking $1 PBR at the hub!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last time I was in Fargo FF, there was more shit sitting around in the isle than there was on shelf. Nobody to stock the shelves I was told. Pathetic. . .

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to any Dollar General in town it’s the same way. Shelves are empty and you can’t walk down the isles because carts are full of stuff to stock. But keep building them 🤪

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 412
  • This month: 188
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 66