Garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have a favorite everbearing strawberry plant that does well this far north ? Ours produced big tasty fruit for 4-5 years but they have gone down hill They are quite a few years old and I don't know what variety they are. Time for a new batch .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd say if you like the variety you have, all you need to do to revive the plot is to abuse the hell out of it. Basically, a strawberry plant loses vigor with age, even though they are perennials. To combat plant fatigue, go in and rip out half of your strawberry plants every year to establish a sort of continued renewal of the plot.

BTW, I've never had success with everbearing when it comes to size. I get a lot of berries about the size of my thumbnail. I left that plot to die this year and will be reconsidering what I want to do about fresh strawberries. I absolutely dislike most store-bought strawberries, agave sweetener helps...but still.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Strawberries...........🤮🤮

I planted radishes on Saturday afternoon and looked yesterday at 5 and they are already poking thru. ...rockon...

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy it sure would be nice to live in a state where it doesnt blow 90000 mph every fricken day. My poor tomatoes.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cabbages and radishes are happy happy happy. Tomatoes and peppers are needing some BTUs

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 47