gas garage heater questions

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep mine at 54 unless working in it. Barely runs with 2 of the walls being house walls. Also it’s easier to bring the temp up when it’s kept a bit higher to start. On newer construction you should be able to keep it warm without breaking the bank

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep mine at 54 unless working in it. Barely runs with 2 of the walls being house walls. Also it’s easier to bring the temp up when it’s kept a bit higher to start. On newer construction you should be able to keep it warm without breaking the bank

this is the first year with mine...I have it set at 55 right now...we'll see how much the bill spikes now with some cooler temps

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just built the garage and house three years ago with 2x6 walls and insulation is good there and ceiling. I was looking at the side venting kits and they are as much as the heaters. I will be leaving it on just to keep it about 40 which it does most of the time the last two years with out heat

Id say the 60,000 would be perfect, don’t set below 45 and good to go, when you set temp lower you can cause condensation in heat exchanger

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id say 60,000 if your leaving unit on during winter, if your just warming when you need it 80,000. Less cycling=more efficient, it won’t run non stop either if that what your thinking. I have 1200 sq ft with 11’ ceiling and is perfect but garage doors play into that as well, insulated and facing east is what I have. Usually side wall venting slopes down and out so condensation ends up out of the vent and doesn’t rust out the vent or heat exchanger

also mine is newer construction with good blow in attic 2x6 walls and house blocking the west side of garage
I have a 30x40x12 and my 45,000BTU isn't really enough. But I don't heat it over 40 so I get by. Going to hang a bigger one soon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88