Gas price jump

Grizzly Adams

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how much has the gas price jumped in your area in the last week? I am pretty sure that I filled up last week in drake for 2.34. Today I go fill for 2.64. I expected a jump but wow

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
fillrd in fargo on Thursday at 2.12. filled on the way back in jamestown at 2.52.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A guy starts to take fore granted how good gas prices have been. I remember when I first bought my pontoon in 2014 filling that sucker up with premium fuel at over $4/gallon. Also remember doing this several times back when I owned a motorcycle.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That gas in those big storage tanks just made someone a lot of money with out lifting a finger.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
BRK, there is a difference between remembering $4.00/gal gas and knowing what gas prices were per barrel before they conditioned you into believing $2.89/gal is a good price. I remember $.91/gal! We used to fill it up on a few dollars per person and drive all night.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
BRK, there is a difference between remembering $4.00/gal gas and knowing what gas prices were per barrel before they conditioned you into believing $2.89/gal is a good price. I remember $.91/gal! We used to fill it up on a few dollars per person and drive all night.

Uhh now your making me feel old. I remember .13 a gallon. When I went to NDSU gas in Fargo was .24 a gallon. To keep it in perspective 22 shells were .49 a box and a good job was $2 an hour.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gas wars in Grand Forks in late 60's at less than 20 cents per gallon. I worked part time at local gas station in Wyndmere and it was always "how much you want" ? The answer back was 2.00 worth, and that would get to SD and back for beer. Then 2.00 worth for lapping main until the 3.2 beer was gone and then start over again.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's my fault guys. Last time I bought a new pickup, gas hit $4/gal the next day. Under a week with the new pickup and it's starting to climb. sooooooorry

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmm, you are old! ;:;rofl
Yup getting there. Maybe already got there. :) I always tell my friends getting old is better than the alternative. I hope I can take camping at 10,000 ft next week.

What's the words in that old Johnny Cash song? Pain is nature's way of letting you know you're still alive, or something like that. My brain needs that reminder because it doesn't know it's old yet. Take a handful of Aleve and I still think I'm ten feet tall and bullet proof.

Last edited:

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uhh now your making me feel old. I remember .13 a gallon. When I went to NDSU gas in Fargo was .24 a gallon. To keep it in perspective 22 shells were .49 a box and a good job was $2 an hour.

I remember the gas wars in Fargo in the early seventies. My pickup had a 20 gallon tank and 2 extra 20 gallon tanks behind the rear wheels. On weekends when I went home to go hunting I would fill all three and hunt all weekend without filling until I got back to Fargo. Best price I ever paid was $.19 a gallon. Little over $10 for over 50 gallons. Sure miss those days, the hunting was great then. :;:rockit

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a child who hit gas buying age in the mid/late 80's so for me gas wars in Bis/Man would get price down to around 79 cents normally was in the 89 cent range then to around an even buck while in college, While i was on the farm I could get my bulk tank filled with gas for around 70-80 cents in the same period. I remember ll to well the 4-5 buck a gallons period too as i was commuting 130 miles a day to and from work at that time ugh!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove a Geo Storm in high school. I think gas was $0.91 when I first got my license (1999 ish). I'd drive for weeks without filling up. Then I got a plymouth neon for a bit. I drove to Great Falls, MT on under two tanks of fuel. 41 to the gallon was great. Having to turn your AC off so you could make it up the hill sucked.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
dirty bastards,two days after the hurricane hit texas and they shut down 105 oil plateforms gas started to spike over night,ain't right as they bought fuel low and are gouging us today same fuel they bought weeks ago now is pulling in a premium.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove a Geo Storm in high school. I think gas was $0.91 when I first got my license (1999 ish). I'd drive for weeks without filling up. Then I got a plymouth neon for a bit. I drove to Great Falls, MT on under two tanks of fuel. 41 to the gallon was great. Having to turn your AC off so you could make it up the hill sucked.

A Plymouth Neon you say. How'd your parents take the news? About you having the gay..?

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet it was purple and had the coffee can muffler on it...

ha...ha...ha...Dirty cruz'in in the purple nurple ...
1997-plymouth-neon-3.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 154
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 69