Cost of owning stuff

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gas is going to take a $.60 jump this week alone. I am going to go fill up the boat, bikes, diesel, skis, ranger, and the storage tank on the fifth wheel today, before I have to sell half of it to gas shit up.

Good luck all, as Biden is building back better, and it really hurts.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
iu

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Might have to buy some razor wire for around the fuel barrel and leave the lawn grow. I don't think I can get it in CRP. LB

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
3.89 today in Bismarck for gas, filled up all the vehicles last Friday for 3.07 at sams so made out like a bandit.......... kinda
3.56 today at Sams

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yea now just don’t go anywhere so you have fuel when it’s time to head for the mountains like in red dawn!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I filled up my duramax about 10 days ago for $3.80 and parked it. Diesel was $4.70 at the same pump when I drove by yesterday morning and will likely be well over $5 by the end of the week. Gonna be eating some expensive salmon this year after we add up fuel.

We were going to buy a camper this spring but with fuel prices we figured we would only make a few trips with it. So instead of going camping every weekend we're choosing 3 weekends and going 5-6 days. Renting a camper that's a good size for our family on RV Share is about $100 a day and going down as more people post up their rigs realizing they won't be able to afford camping every weekend. After storage, small shit that always breaks, upgrades, furnishing, insurance, time cleaning after an exhausting weekend, miscellaneous headaches, etc. we figured renting is by far a better option than buying for what we need.

Every time I add up the cost of owning stuff (camper, ocean boat, ATV, airplane) it almost always pencils out better for me to rent or pay a transporter or guide to drop me off. Everyone's situation is different.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I filled up my duramax about 10 days ago for $3.80 and parked it. Diesel was $4.70 at the same pump when I drove by yesterday morning and will likely be well over $5 by the end of the week. Gonna be eating some expensive salmon this year after we add up fuel.

We were going to buy a camper this spring but with fuel prices we figured we would only make a few trips with it. So instead of going camping every weekend we're choosing 3 weekends and going 5-6 days. Renting a camper that's a good size for our family on RV Share is about $100 a day and going down as more people post up their rigs realizing they won't be able to afford camping every weekend. After storage, small shit that always breaks, upgrades, furnishing, insurance, time cleaning after an exhausting weekend, miscellaneous headaches, etc. we figured renting is by far a better option than buying for what we need.

Every time I add up the cost of owning stuff (camper, ocean boat, ATV, airplane) it almost always pencils out better for me to rent or pay a transporter or guide to drop me off. Everyone's situation is different.
Its why my 2007 Lund ProV that I have had for 15 years is still floating me around, would love a fancier new one, but 7-10 trips a season seems like it should last another 15 years. As will my 2012 F250.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, $4.35 50/50 diesel today.
Cold weather for couple days coming and a gelled Duramax sucks. Fuel Conditioner isn't A good enough guarantee.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife has a 2013 Honda CRV with just over 70K on it. (AND she works from home now)

I have a 2018 Chevy Silverado that work provides along with a company credit card for gas.

Only thing I have to fill up is the bike. I can say I'm very happy about this.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ever pencil in the wife? God I hope mine dont see this. LB

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tend to agree with renting. We looked at several class C motorhomes last summer. Didn't like the prices I was seeing. We have a couple of extended weekend outings planned and are renting a camper for reasons stated above.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of us are actually going to financially survive 3 more years of this.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of us are actually going to financially survive 3 more years of this.

A good start would not be eating out, not going to starbucks , caribou, etc...like I see all the time as there is always lines at these places,not buying all the high dollar name brand clothes, shoes etc..trying to keep up with the Jones's no frills,just essentials, be content, that way cheap booze can be filtered in the budget to help wash away the sorrows of tomorrows. ;:;boozer :;:cheers

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure glad I picked up 7 cases of cheap beer when passing through Chippewa Falls the other weekend. Money I save drinking Leinenkugel Light is going into the gas tank.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
x4L1aGZL9cYE.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

JWe6coI65ywr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

BXhtIRPDaazf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sources tell me US officials are worried about $180 oil when Russian oil is fully offline.

I’d caution that $200+ per barrel is possible—if we can’t access additional supply. This price shock will cause an economic meltdown.

Like it or not, the world is still powered by oil.

- - - Updated - - -

oXjhZTVD3ABX.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

pIBPoWNroObc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the stock market closed all trading on wheat and corn futures as of March 5, no more fair market folks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11