Gibbons Fiberglass boat repair

Sotaman

Established Member
Well the old sparkles got to meet the dock this weekend. Took a good chunk out of the side of the boat along a 90 degree angle. about the size of a tube of chapstick. I would like to get it fixed. I see Gibbons in Bismarck fixes glass boats. What do I need to know about them? Do they do good work? Should I look else were if so where? Finally this is not just a scratch this is damage to the glass paint missing and what not. The spot is on a like a corner line in the middle of the boat. what is a wild ass guess for a repair on something like this.

walleyefisher_nd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gibbons does great work! So does Mop Top Pros. Usually you can get in earlier at Mop Top and he’s generally a little bit more reasonable on his prices. You’ll probably be shocked at the prices with either place. There’s a lot of labor that goes into quality glass work.

Sotaman

Established Member
Gibbons does great work! So does Mop Top Pros. Usually you can get in earlier at Mop Top and he’s generally a little bit more reasonable on his prices. You’ll probably be shocked at the prices with either place. There’s a lot of labor that goes into quality glass work.

I figured it would be an insurance claim but if its only a couple hundred over the deductible then whatever.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Gibbons did some warranty work for me a couple years ago and they did a great job .

Snapper

Gibbons is very good at Fiberglass repair, metal flake, painting and gloss work. I’ve seen some work of there’s and you can’t tell after it’s done. It will take time to get in and time for them to get it done. Lots of labor and gathering of original materials for the job. I have not seen any work by Mop Top Pros. Gibbons has been in business since 1986. Good luck on your choice.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out Dwayne’s boat repair in Bismarck the guy there,Cody, does great work.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friend of mine put a deep scratch in his sparkly boat. About 2 grand to get it fixed.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, Bob Gibbons is great. He's busy, but he's great. And him being busy, is a good sign...

He is great but has some retards working for him, His shop installed my keel guard and scratched the piss out of my boat using straps with mud and dirt on them.

But that's water under the fridge.

TPB10_2015_JUNE22-AMFA-RICKY-p2-SPLASH-SCREEN03-1024x576.jpg

Sotaman

Established Member
Check out Dwayne’s boat repair in Bismarck the guy there,Cody, does great work.

A friend I camp with had mentioned Dwayne's I will call both. I obviously am not in a hurry to get it in right now was thinking end of the season.

Kngkong

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had some work done at Gibbons and they did a great job. I would hold off until after the summer season though so you can still enjoy this summer. I can pretty much guarantee that it will be more expensive than you are thinking.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
He is great but has some retards working for him, His shop installed my keel guard and scratched the piss out of my boat using straps with mud and dirt on them.

But that's water under the fridge.

Sounds like your not bitter at all. ;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32